Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Wow you’ve had a rough go Groupie. Car accidents are such a hassle, thank god you are ok!As for your friend, It’s hard dealing with such a heavy issue. Maybe pay him a visit? If not, remind him you’re there for him, and encourage him to possibly see someone for help. I know easier said than done, it’s delicate, and the current atmosphere (covid) can exponentially make depression worse. Hoping the best for you.
    Thanks KW! Unfortunately he moved across the country just before covid happened, so with current circumstances a visit isn't possible for now, but I keep trying and hope he comes out of it again. But in happier news my car will be fixed on Monday and I can put that hassle behind me!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Glad you are ok, groupie, and you'll get your car back today!

Here? Pumpkins, scare crows, smores, pumpkin spice, sweaters, fire pits, fog on the water, changing leaves...all things FALL!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks Brooke! I picked my car today and for some reason they left the emergency brake on. I've never used it before and didn't know it was on; its electric so it's hard to tell. I couldn't figure out why I had trouble getting the car out of the parking lot! I had to get the body shop people to come out and look at it. So embarrassing!

I love fall too!

Stuck on the Border

OMG Groupie - Happy to hear you are ok and got your car back today. As for your friend, all I can say is let him know you are there for him.

Brooke - I agree ! I am so happy it is Fall and the hot summer is over ! It is my favorite time of the year. The weather has been beautiful here.

Hang in there Groupie, glad car is ok. Well wishes for your friend.

I also love fall, wish it was longer,I absolutely dread winter.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Glad you are ok Groupie and sending best wishes to your friend. Here things are going on as much as they can. Our whole country is back to level 3 restrictions which means no-one can leave their county except for work, education or essential purposes (Is retail therapy essential), gatherings of up to 6 people max and from no more than one household. Restaurants closed except for take away. Halloween is cancelled. We were expecting level 5 yesterday so 3 isn't too bad. Schools are remaining open, although Universities and colleges have gone practically completely online.

On that note a bit of good news. My daughter had started languages in University last year but both the course and the commute didn't work out for her. Basically what she could do 'on paper' was too restrictive in terms of the modules she could actually take and coupled with a 2 hour minimum daily commute it got too much for her to manage. She left and reapplied to do Music and German in a University only 20 mins train ride away. It is all working out very well and she is much happier. I think she was very brave to acknowledge what wasn't working and re evaluate. She had gotten very quiet and almost depressed between that, the passing of her grandmother and the lockdown but she is back now to her old exuberent self!! Even with most of her lectures at home it was definitely the right choice.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Glad you are ok Groupie and sending best wishes to your friend. Here things are going on as much as they can. Our whole country is back to level 3 restrictions which means no-one can leave their county except for work, education or essential purposes (Is retail therapy essential), gatherings of up to 6 people max and from no more than one household. Restaurants closed except for take away. Halloween is cancelled. We were expecting level 5 yesterday so 3 isn't too bad. Schools are remaining open, although Universities and colleges have gone practically completely online.

On that note a bit of good news. My daughter had started languages in University last year but both the course and the commute didn't work out for her. Basically what she could do 'on paper' was too restrictive in terms of the modules she could actually take and coupled with a 2 hour minimum daily commute it got too much for her to manage. She left and reapplied to do Music and German in a University only 20 mins train ride away. It is all working out very well and she is much happier. I think she was very brave to acknowledge what wasn't working and re evaluate. She had gotten very quiet and almost depressed between that, the passing of her grandmother and the lockdown but she is back now to her old exuberent self!! Even with most of her lectures at home it was definitely the right choice.
    Sounds like timtot is doing very well! I'm glad she worked it all out and it is going well for her! And mom and dad, of course!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Brooke! Gosh it seems like yesterday she was little Timtot!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thank you everyone! Your thoughts and well wishes are appreciated!

I'm glad your daughter is doing well, GA. It is a hard time for college students (and us all) right now.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hi everyone,

I apologize for not being active at all for well over a year. My health has been rocky. I had double pneumonia that turned sceptic back in February, among other issues (an antibiotics caused minor kidney damage, but it was resolved a month later), that has caused several long term issues, including one with my heart. Plus, I've had flare ups with disability issues, and am currently undoing physical therapy in hopes of avoiding surgery. My health also affected my grades, but I managed to pass all my classes. Suffice it to say, as most others would agree, 2020 has sucked.

However, I do have some good news. I turned in my graduation application for college back in October. Covid-19 has kept me from doing an internship, so my graduation term is now summer 2021, but I'll walk in the spring. I'll take my last four real classes in the spring and do my internship over the summer. This spring will be spent narrowing down my options and applying to grad school. My Bachelor’s degree is dual (equal parts history and political science), so I have several options on either side. It's possible that I double major (history and public administration), but I'll make that decision in February or so.

I'm on winter break, at the moment. My college shifted the fall semester to end completely the day before Thanksgiving, and because we won't have spring break, I don't go back until late January. I'm enjoying a hard to come by break, although I am working a few things related to college. Hope everyone is doing well!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time