Page 111 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Congratulations on your retirement, HB!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Yay, HB. What a milestone! Happy retirement, you’ve earned it (and what a coincidence to hear The Long Run today ).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

WooHoo! Houston Baby! So great to no longer have to punch that clock! Time to get started on that bucket list! May this be a great season for you!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

HB - Congratulations ! Now the fun begins ! Enjoy your retirement and wishing you many happy days ahead.

So many blows these last few weeks. I know others here have had the same.
    I scream to 2020: UNCLE!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    So many blows these last few weeks. I know others here have had the same.
    I scream to 2020: UNCLE!
    I hear that!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post

Well, it is FINALLY here!!! After 45 years of getting up and going to work everyday, TODAY is my last working day. My best friend reminded me yesterday that I have never had a break except for vacation days. I was very blessed in that I was never unemployed.
    I listen to the Classic Rock station in the morning on the way to work and today they played "The Long Run". How freakin' appropriate is that!!!!
    Hopefully this weekend, I can start getting caught up here on the Border. I know I have missed a lot of birthdays, life celebrations, troubles, etc.
    CONGRATS DEB!!!

I can't believe you are officially retired. I have a couple more months and then I'll be rolling out Retirement 2.0. I think most of us will be eager to say goodbye to 2020. Hopefully, we can begin returning to some sense of normalcy once we usher in 2021 and start planning some trips. We got places to go and things to see. After all, as some wise guys once said, we may be bent, but we're not broken!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post

Well, it is FINALLY here!!! After 45 years of getting up and going to work everyday, TODAY is my last working day. My best friend reminded me yesterday that I have never had a break except for vacation days. I was very blessed in that I was never unemployed.
    I listen to the Classic Rock station in the morning on the way to work and today they played "The Long Run". How freakin' appropriate is that!!!!
    Hopefully this weekend, I can start getting caught up here on the Border. I know I have missed a lot of birthdays, life celebrations, troubles, etc.
    Congratulations on your retirement Debbie! Delighted for you and lovely to have some time to follow other plans and dreams without having to factor in work commitments. Who knows, when restrictions have lifted we might get you to Ireland yet!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Congratulations on your retirement!

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread. In good news, I found out I'm going to be made a partner at my firm. In bad news, I was in a car accident last week. This is my fourth accident in 5 years and none were my fault, this time someone backed into me in a parking lot. It is minor damage and I wasn't hurt, but still, I couldn't believe it. And all the hassle of getting the car repaired, a rental car, etc. I think my next car should be bright orange.

I wrote here a while ago about a friend of mine who is severely depressed. He had been doing better, then went back into it recently. I've usually been able to get him to come out of it enough to talk, but lately he's withdrawn so much its been like pulling teeth. He just refuses to talk, I get a sporadic text every now and then, followed by long periods of silence. He told me he's had some health issues too and I'm so worried about him, but he is pushing me away. He's told me it's not personal so I keep trying to be patient, while still being there for him, and praying he comes out of it again.

Thanks for listening!

Wow you’ve had a rough go Groupie. Car accidents are such a hassle, thank god you are ok!As for your friend, It’s hard dealing with such a heavy issue. Maybe pay him a visit? If not, remind him you’re there for him, and encourage him to possibly see someone for help. I know easier said than done, it’s delicate, and the current atmosphere (covid) can exponentially make depression worse. Hoping the best for you.