Page 108 of 140 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

With the Covid-19 going on, I have a new job. I accepted a job at our state's Emergency Management Agency as an Admin Assistant. I went on an interview this past Wednesday and he called me back the next day. I had a feeling I had the job from the way he sent me emails leading up to the interview, but I didn't want to let myself down if I didn't get it. I had good feelings about a job and I end up not getting it. With this being a state job, my leave and sick time rolls over and I don't have to start over with my time. Thank goodness. I have a lot time that I saved over the last 4 years working at my current job.

I can't wait to begin this new chapter in my life. I start on July 15th. They told me I could had started on July 1st, but I couldn't do that to my boss and only give her a week's notice. So I gave her two weeks. I worked there as a temp in 2008 and I've been trying to get back there. With my degree in meteorology, I can also finally helped out on the weather side.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    With the Covid-19 going on, I have a new job. I accepted a job at our state's Emergency Management Agency as an Admin Assistant. I went on an interview this past Wednesday and he called me back the next day. I had a feeling I had the job from the way he sent me emails leading up to the interview, but I didn't want to let myself down if I didn't get it. I had good feelings about a job and I end up not getting it. With this being a state job, my leave and sick time rolls over and I don't have to start over with my time. Thank goodness. I have a lot time that I saved over the last 4 years working at my current job.

I can't wait to begin this new chapter in my life. I start on July 15th. They told me I could had started on July 1st, but I couldn't do that to my boss and only give her a week's notice. So I gave her two weeks. I worked there as a temp in 2008 and I've been trying to get back there. With my degree in meteorology, I can also finally helped out on the weather side.
    Fantastic, shun! Congratulations!

Stuck on the Border

That's great news! You could have some busy months ahead of you. I don't think you've said about the degree in meteorology before but it must be exciting to get a job that may be influenced by the weather. Does dealing with the coronavirus come under its remit, too?

Yes. They do help out. My soon to be big big boss(who's over MEMA) is usually at the press conference every day(we really haven't had one this week) with the governor and a health official. I have to read up on what we do with Covid19, but we do help in some way.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats, Shun! That's wonderful! Best of luck!

I didn't know about your meteorology interests either! I think that would be very interesting.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post

Congratulations, Shun! Great news! 😊

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

GA - I can't remember if I said this before, but please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your beloved Mother. May she Rest In Peace.

Shun - Congratulations on the new job ! Good luck !

Congrats shun! wishing the best on your new journey!

Border Rebel

Congrats, shun! Very exciting for you. It's wonderful that you can roll over your all of your leave time too. Enjoy your new chapter!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    GA - I can't remember if I said this before, but please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your beloved Mother. May she Rest In Peace.

Shun - Congratulations on the new job ! Good luck !
    Thanks NKIT. I'm on summer holidays now and myself and my brother are busy clearing out my parents house so we can put it up for sale in the autumn. Its amazing how many old things that we had forgotten about are showing up as we work!

Shun congratulations on your new job. It sounds like you are the ideal person for it. I hope you will be very happy in your new role.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP