Page 132 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I found out last night that my sister was rushed to the hospital with kidney stones. And since she is in California and I'm here in Utah, I can't simply go and see her. I wish I had a place to live and the extra money to go right now.

I was able to talk to the nurse and her boyfriend and they both said that right now, the doctors are trying to get her fever down and get her to pass the stones on her own. And if that doesn't work, then they'll take her to surgery.
    I am so worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    I found out last night that my sister was rushed to the hospital with kidney stones. And since she is in California and I'm here in Utah, I can't simply go and see her. I wish I had a place to live and the extra money to go right now.

I was able to talk to the nurse and her boyfriend and they both said that right now, the doctors are trying to get her fever down and get her to pass the stones on her own. And if that doesn't work, then they'll take her to surgery.
    I am so worried.
    I'm sorry to hear this. Best wishes for your sister.

When it rains it truly pours...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this. Best wishes for your sister.

When it rains it truly pours...
    Right?

Thanks for the well wishes, dude. I haven't had any update since earlier today.

Got kind of a update on my sister. One of her friends came to the hospital and gave her her cell phone, so now she can text and she texted me a little bit. So that's good.

And today I went and faxed over an application for an apartment, and almost immediately got a call from the leasing manager. So I'm meeting with her tomorrow, so hopefully I get this place. And move out day is coming soon, so I really hope I get it. Because if I don't, then I'm looking into motels. And that ain't cheap.

hey y'all
    just wanted to come on and say that my sister is doing better. She's home, but with a tube in her kidneys still draining fluid. There apparently is one last kidney stone that hasn't passed yet. And if it doesn't pass, then they'll do surgery.

And apparently, because I have no credit, I won't be approved for this apartment that I was applying for. Like I said on facebook, I seriously am wondering if the job is worth living here. And honestly, I don't know. I am so upset right now, I don't know what to do.

hey y'all
    just wanted to come on and say that my sister is doing better. She's home, but with a tube in her kidneys still draining fluid. There apparently is one last kidney stone that hasn't passed yet. And if it doesn't pass, then they'll do surgery.

And apparently, because I have no credit, I won't be approved for this apartment that I was applying for. Like I said on facebook, I seriously am wondering if the job is worth living here. And honestly, I don't know. I am so upset right now, I don't know what to do.
    Elle, I'm glad your sister is better, and hope she continues to improve.

Have you checked into government housing? I have friends in different types, and they're not all bad. These people are working, single, and without children, but still qualify. You should check with your local office. Even if you don't qualify for subsidized rental, you could qualify for a home. They might could steer you to other affordable options, if not. When she was young, my mother went to a large house where an elderly widow lived alone, and asked if she would consider renting out a room for a small amount + help around the house, and she got it!

But, maybe another area is more suitable to where you are right now. You may do some research on other areas, and what other work/living arrangements are available elsewhere. Just remember whatever you get is a stepping stone toward something better that is meant for you! Good Luck.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

hey y'all

Elle81 - Glad to hear your sister is doing better and wishing a complete recovery for her.
    FF has given some good ideas. I know people who have rented rooms in houses and it gave them the chance to save some money for an apartment. Have you checked into living with a roommate ? Wishing you good luck.

Elle81 - glad to hear your sister is doing better. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with housing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Elle81 - glad to hear your sister is doing better. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with housing.
    Thanks, dude. I haven't found a place yet (found out that no one will rent to someone with no credit and no co-signer) , and tomorrow is move out day. I am going to stay with my current roommates just for the weekend to help them unpack. But then I'm going to stay in a hotel for at least a week. I'm going to ask my co-workers if they know anybody willing to sublet. I've also talked to my doctor and she once again is going to have someone from social services to try and help me.

And I talked to my sister earlier today and it sounds like she is almost back to her bratty self. She still has one kidney stone that hasn't passed, but her infection might be going away. When that happens, then the doctors can operate and get that stone out.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Elle81 - Glad to hear your sister is doing better and wishing a complete recovery for her.
    FF has given some good ideas. I know people who have rented rooms in houses and it gave them the chance to save some money for an apartment. Have you checked into living with a roommate ? Wishing you good luck.
    Thanks NKIT, I have been looking all over for a roommate, or at least an apartment to sublet for a while. But either I always get online when they get off or they don't post for weeks. It's just my luck. But I refuse to give up hope.