Page 92 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Things are very busy on my end. Laura (AKA Timtot) will be 18 in 2 weeks and will be finishing up in school a month later. So between organising her party, preparing for graduation, and then having her State Exams (Leaving Certificate) at the start of June, there is hardly time to take a breather in my house. Christopher my son will also be doing his State exams this year (Junior Cert). In some ways its good to have both of them doing the State exams as there is some semblance of a study atmosphere for both of them, but OMG the STRESSSSSSS!!!!
    My husband and I were out running errands tonight, and we ran into a former employee of his that my husband hired when the guy was 18. He was telling us that his son is about to turn 18. Then he asked me if I was retired yet. Ha! Not even close.

And, my busy time starts tomorrow. Got asked today how I felt about working over the weekend. I don't mind, but I have tickets to Ben-Hur on Sunday. And I am going to see Ben-Hur on Sunday. Even if I have to work all day Saturday to do it.

That's okay. If I'm the only one in the office, I get to blast whatever music I want. And with the Desperado Survivor coming up next week... well...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right wrist last Wednesday. It went great. I went in to surgery at 11 and was awake and heading back to recovery at 11:15! No pain at all and home by 12:30! I highly recommend it if you ever have to pick a surgery to have! I took off work the rest of the week but really wouldn't have had to. I had the sick time so why not?!

I get the left wrist done this Wednesday. I hope it goes as well as this one!

Easter was fun. Sunday School and Church and then family dinner at one of hubby's sister's house. Tons of food and an egg hunt for the kiddos from two to 17! The big kids are as funny as the littles! It was a beautiful 82 degree day too! Last year we had several inches of snow! Love Misery (Missouri)!! :eyeroll:
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right wrist last Wednesday. It went great. I went in to surgery at 11 and was awake and heading back to recovery at 11:15! No pain at all and home by 12:30! I highly recommend it if you ever have to pick a surgery to have! I took off work the rest of the week but really wouldn't have had to. I had the sick time so why not?!

Easter was fun. Sunday School and Church and then family dinner at one of hubby's sister's house. Tons of food and an egg hunt for the kiddos from two to 17! The big kids are as funny as the littles! It was a beautiful 82 degree day too! Last year we had several inches of snow! Love Misery (Missouri)!! :eyeroll:
    Glad to hear the first surgery went well Brooke! Good luck on Wednesday.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

Good luck on the second wrist surgery Brooke. It was beautiful here yesterday too.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Good luck with the other wrist tomorrow Brooke. I hope it goes well
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks everyone!

Hope your second surgery went well, Brooke!

About done with all this work here at work. Problem is, when one area slows down, another ramps up. And I am going to be out most, if not all, of Monday. Family funeral and all that entails.

BUT, this coming Sunday I am going to Columbus with a friend of mine to see Craig Johnson! I am so stoked! All you meeting your fancy rock stars... I don't care. (Okay, I do care; I am so jealous!) Craig Johnson is an author, he writes the Longmire series of books. I've seen (and met) him twice before. He is so friendly and such a great speaker! And he always brings his wife Judy, she is such a sweetheart. I need to see what books I need to bring with me for signing. But I am so looking forward to this. He only seems to make it into this area every couple of years, and I can't miss this.

Thank you, CA, it went as well as the first. Pretty much all healed up now. Hands are a little weak, but that will pass, the Dr. says.

So sorry about the loss of your loved one.

Have fun in Columbus! I've been planning to watch Longmire on Netflix.. Heard good things about it!

Stuck on the Border

Brooke - So happy to hear the second surgery went well. Please take care.
    CA - Very cool that you are going to a signing of one of your favorite authors. Have a great time !

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Delighted your other operation went well Brooke, I'm sure you will be back to full strength soon. And CA enjoy the signing and meeting your author.

I had a strange experience this week. In my job every so often department inspectors call out to see how well our schools are functioning. We have major inspections where they cover a particular subject or area of administration or 'incidental' inspections where an inspector literally calls into the hool some morning unannounced and visits various classes, compiling a report at the end. The notice for the former type is normally 2 1/2 - 3 weeks as there is usually a lot of paperwork to cover.

Anyway

Tuesday night I dream that I'm teaching and suddenly there is an inspector in my room observing me teach - I tell NO ONE.

Wednesday at lunchtime my friends and I decide that as we were not informed by that day that we would have a 'major' inspection in the next few weeks we are 'safe' as the teaching year ends on 24th May after which is assessment. However we acknowledge that we could still have an incidental.

Thursday morning an inspector shows up. Picks 3 teachers out of 50 to visit classes. I'm one of them!!

WHY could I not have dreamed that I picked the winning lottery numbers for tonight??
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP