Page 105 of 140 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Brooke - Glad to hear! Silver Dollar City is a really nice park. Been many, many years since I've been there.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Apologies that I have been off the Border for so long but a number of life events have been taking over. Many of you may know from FB and personal contact that my mother had been suffering from Parkinsons for the last few years and had been declining steadily. She had been adamant for a long time that she wanted to remain at home even though the family felt that a Nursing Home would be more appropriate. Shortly after I returned from Vets Aid it became too much for her and as she was declining further we had to admit her to hospital where she remained until the new year when a Nursing Home place became vacant for her. Once there we were hoping that she would recuperate a bit and enjoy a bit of TLC but unfortunately she developed a nymber of infections which refused to go away and late last Sunday noght (2nd February) she passed away peacefully. While we are all obviously sad at her passing we are grateful for the time we had with her and happy that she is now reunited with our Dad, the man she married 62 years ago tomorrow.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm so sorry to hear all you've been going through. My heart aches. You and hours are in my prayers.

So sorry to hear, GA. Take care of yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

So sorry for the loss of your mother, Lisa. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Fortunately, you have a lifetime of fond memories to sustain you. I'm sure your mom is at peace being reunited with your dad. from your friend across the pond.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad she didn't suffer too long. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I know all too well how hard it is to see them like that as my own mom has been in a nursing home for around five years now. She would like to move on up to heaven with my dad. She is very bored there and they have activities every day but she misses her home and gardening and cooking. It's very sad.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news of your dear Mother's passing, GA. I pray God's comfort to you and your family.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

GA - I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Mother. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. Love to you all. Her memory lives on in the hearts of her loved ones even as she is reunited with her beloved husband in Heaven.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Apologies that I have been off the Border for so long but a number of life events have been taking over. Many of you may know from FB and personal contact that my mother had been suffering from Parkinsons for the last few years and had been declining steadily. She had been adamant for a long time that she wanted to remain at home even though the family felt that a Nursing Home would be more appropriate. Shortly after I returned from Vets Aid it became too much for her and as she was declining further we had to admit her to hospital where she remained until the new year when a Nursing Home place became vacant for her. Once there we were hoping that she would recuperate a bit and enjoy a bit of TLC but unfortunately she developed a nymber of infections which refused to go away and late last Sunday noght (2nd February) she passed away peacefully. While we are all obviously sad at her passing we are grateful for the time we had with her and happy that she is now reunited with our Dad, the man she married 62 years ago tomorrow.
    sorry to hear your news, hope you're ok