Page 20 of 140 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Buffyfan145 while Timothy spells his last name without a "d" (Schmit) , I certainly can't resist a bahama mama and a cream puff when I am in German Village or when I see the food truck out and about!!
    He's the only once I've ever known of that spells it without the d. They do have such good food and love how they show up at festivals too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Congratulations, AT. I read the Wiki summary of Dr. Chapman. He sounds very interesting. And it's certainly a lucky break for him that he'll have your assistance.
    Thanks. I fixed a computer once for The Society for the History of Astronomy, and now if anything looks wobbly or difficult, everyone looks at me

I sumbitted my College app last night. One more to go

Today starts National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and this was how I wrote my first novel "If Not for You" in 2011!!! For those that don't know NaNoWriMo is a challenge for writers to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. There's an official site, message board, social media accounts, and ways for all of us writers and aspiring authors to support each other. It seems hard but if you write everyday you can get to this word count. There's even one in April but for writing a screenplay/film. I'm not fully participating this year since it has to be a new story but using it to help finish my 6th one. I still can't believe I've self-published 5 novels and am working on my Eagles music inspired 6th one in these 5 years. So grateful for discovering this and finally being able to write my stories.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

50,000 words in month, holy cow. How many hours a day do you write, Buffy?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    50,000 words in month, holy cow. How many hours a day do you write, Buffy?
    Really if I have a good writing day sometimes it's only 1-2 hours. It sounds like a large number of words but really it's not at least for me. Plus page number isn't the same and depends on the book's paper size. Usually 50,000 almost 300 pages. That's why I like these month goals for the sticking to writing each day. When I did my first one I reached the goal with two days left in November. Plus sometimes when you get carried away it just goes by fast, but there are the bad and busy days too. So now I just try to write whenever I get the free time and not binge watching anything on Netflix. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

Enjoying the Fall weather and raking lots of leaves. I scored 6 Eagles albums from a fellow who bought an abandoned storage unit with over 500 albums from the 70-80 in it. I have some of the albums, but you can never have enough!!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Are you taking part in the challenge this year, Amanda?

My next American Government test counts for double since I missed the last test. Whatever I make on this test will also be plugged in as my other grade for the missed test. Today's class was the last class before the next test on Thursday. My professor takes attendance, and asks us if we have any questions on about anything related to the class. No one does, so he dimissed us. He wasn't even through going over the handout for the test. He told us the rest was on us, despite having over 70 minutes left to teach/lecture. I don't know why he did it (other than to see how well we study on our own), but it was a complete waste of time to even go to his class today.

I have a 1,000 word essay in history class that's due Thursday. I've only written the first paragraph, but I plan to do the majority of tonight over the course of several hours.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Nightmistblue I am going to order this guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...73888006910.gc

Dropping the Electric part so keeping straight Acoustic.

That's awesome DJ!!!

Kim, I'm partly doing it. I'm going to try to write daily to get towards finishing my current story. To fully do NaNoWriMo it's supposed to be a brand new story but I'm helping to encourage some of my other friends who are. Best of luck with your essay.
    ~*Amanda*~