Page 110 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I would love to see that part of the country too! Sounds beautiful and amazing!!

As for me..........

It's official!!
    They posted my position yesterday and announced it to the department. My last day is September 18th!
    Retirement here I come.......

Now maybe I can get back to the Border!

Awesome, HB! Congratulations!!

I look forward to my retirement in about 3 years! I never thought I would be that old!

Yellowstone was on my bucket list, so another one checked off! Funny thing though, I find myself wanting to visit most places again someday. I hear about things I missed!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yellowstone was on my bucket list, so another one checked off! Funny thing though, I find myself wanting to visit most places again someday. I hear about things I missed!
    I love, love, love Yellowstone! I've been there twice (once when I was about 3 and then again when I was 12). Parts of Yellowstone look like an alien planet! So happy you got to go. I would love to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I love, love, love Yellowstone! I've been there twice (once when I was about 3 and then again when I was 12). Parts of Yellowstone look like an alien planet! So happy you got to go. I would love to go again.
    Thanks! You are so right! Gorgeous in areas and downright weird in others.

I would love to see that part of the country too! Sounds beautiful and amazing!!

As for me..........

It's official!!
    They posted my position yesterday and announced it to the department. My last day is September 18th!

Love your drum roll, lol!
    Congratulations on your retirement, HB! Hope it will be a wonderful adventure/ relaxing respite for you.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you everyone! I am so looking forward to no more month ends, quarter ends & year ends. I missed several concerts because I couldn't leave work the last 3 days of every month. And when Soda is in town, we will not have to plan around my work schedule. Yay!
    Plus I can finally get around to organizing all the Eagles memorabilia from the 70's to now. When we were cleaning out my parents' house a few years back, we came across boxes and boxes in one of the spare bedrooms. My mom apparently did not throw anything away!!
    A couple of them labeled with my name were filled with magazines containing Eagles' articles. I was a huge fan from the beginning. It is like a trip down memory lane. So I am anxious to getting started on that.

Thank you everyone! I am so looking forward to no more month ends, quarter ends & year ends. I missed several concerts because I couldn't leave work the last 3 days of every month. And when Soda is in town, we will not have to plan around my work schedule. Yay!
    Plus I can finally get around to organizing all the Eagles memorabilia from the 70's to now. When we were cleaning out my parents' house a few years back, we came across boxes and boxes in one of the spare bedrooms. My mom apparently did not throw anything away!!
    A couple of them labeled with my name were filled with magazines containing Eagles' articles. I was a huge fan from the beginning. It is like a trip down memory lane. So I am anxious to getting started on that.
    That's awesome, HB!

Can't wait to see some of that! If you decide to share it with us, that is!

Stuck on the Border

As for me..........

It's official!!

HB - Congratulations on your retirement ! Wishing you a happy and healthy allowing you to do all the things you enjoy and did not have time for these last few years.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Brooke - So glad you were able to take that trip. Sounds like a lot of fun and this seems like a good time to do it.

And HB - Congrats on your upcoming retirement. I didn't think you'd ever really do it! lol

Make sure you have a retirement plan. A few years ago, I decided to retire, but I didn't realize how important it was to have a long-term plan. After I got through my short-term 'To Do' list, I got bored. So, after a year of retirement, I decided I wanted to go back to work. I accepted a 4 month contract that has turned into 2 years. I have been extending the assignment a quarter at a time. I had made up my mind that I was going to call it quits for good when my contract ended on June 30th this year. But, after the Coronavirus hit, I decided I may as well go ahead and continue to work since I couldn't do too much of anything else. I feel very fortunate in that I can pretty much work on my own terms in a job that I really enjoy. Having said that, I really am planning on calling it quits at the end of this year. Hopefully, I will have a better plan for Retirement II, and the pandemic will be under control so we can enjoy our golden years.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Well, it is FINALLY here!!! After 45 years of getting up and going to work everyday, TODAY is my last working day. My best friend reminded me yesterday that I have never had a break except for vacation days. I was very blessed in that I was never unemployed.
    I listen to the Classic Rock station in the morning on the way to work and today they played "The Long Run". How freakin' appropriate is that!!!!
    Hopefully this weekend, I can start getting caught up here on the Border. I know I have missed a lot of birthdays, life celebrations, troubles, etc.

Well, it is FINALLY here!!! After 45 years of getting up and going to work everyday, TODAY is my last working day. My best friend reminded me yesterday that I have never had a break except for vacation days. I was very blessed in that I was never unemployed.
    I listen to the Classic Rock station in the morning on the way to work and today they played "The Long Run". How freakin' appropriate is that!!!!
    Hopefully this weekend, I can start getting caught up here on the Border. I know I have missed a lot of birthdays, life celebrations, troubles, etc.
    Congratu-freakin'-lations! Quite the accomplishment! I am so happy for you!