Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Take care, Austin. I'll be thinking of you!

Had my second cataract surgery two weeks ago. Now all that remains is a final check-up next week and eye drops for two more weeks. The weirdest thing about this whole deal is that I am no longer near-sighted. I don't think my brain has wrapped itself around that yet. And, the halos at night aren't fun, but they're subsiding somewhat. All went well... I am fine.
    Glad to hear it went well, CA!

I *hate* not being near sighted! I went through the same change after my cataract surgery last October. I have to use glasses to eat food off of a plate, let alone my phone or computer LOL! I always liked wearing glasses for distance, and being able to use them for everything without having to take them on and off like reading glasses or wear bifocals. Now, I'm using bifocals and while I'm slowly adjusting, I still miss my nearsightedness. Everything I do is up close with a screen of some kind, or a guitar, and I miss my nearsightedness. People pay money to fix it when they are young with LASIK and I'm like what?!?! I always saw it as an asset/benefit. I have a distance monofocal lens.

Also, my cataracts were causing haloes at night and went away with surgery! Very weird how it affects different people. I had posterior subcapsular cataracts from years of steroids I have to take for adrenal insufficiency. Those cataracts form right where the light enters the eye. There are three different places in the eye to get cataracts, but all are treated the same exact way. Being blind in one eye, I only had the right eye fixed. It was so nervewracking to have it done on my only good eye, and while I do miss nearsightedness, it was the right decision. Having only one eye and not being able to see much out of it with a grade 3 cataract was my breaking point to finally have it done.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Since forever, if I have trouble reading or focusing on anything, I've taken off my glasses and drawn the item closer. I took off my glasses to read, but I did have monitor glasses for my computer because I refused to get bifocals... I knew they'd drive me crazy. Pulling something close now means it goes out of focus. I had a heckuva time interpreting a screen shot someone sent me over the weekend, trying to get the url off it. I'm learning. I do use very mild readers for the computer now. I can read and use the computer without them, but they just let me eyes focus a little better, and my eyes don't tire so much using them.

Last week, I had a few days where I was questioning my sanity in having the procedure done. But it's getting better.

Everyone here, I am sending you my strongest best wishes for improvement in your health.
    I hope you all get the very best care and recovery comes quickly. Love to you all.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Austin - I am so sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope you are feeling better and the tests help answer questions. My thoughts are with you !

CA - Glad to hear you are feeling better from the cataract surgery - it takes time. I had mine years ago and took time for my eyes to adjust. How are your eyes doing now that it has been a couple of weeks ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    CA - Glad to hear you are feeling better from the cataract surgery - it takes time. I had mine years ago and took time for my eyes to adjust. How are your eyes doing now that it has been a couple of weeks ?
    I am doing better as far as haloes and fuzziness. Thanks for asking! Got some readers that are also blue-light blockers for my computer work, and that actually helped a lot. I can read the monitor without them, but using them just relaxes my eyes a bit.

Thanks everyone.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Glad to see you back WalshFan88. Pray you continue to see good results

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I am doing better as far as haloes and fuzziness. Thanks for asking! Got some readers that are also blue-light blockers for my computer work, and that actually helped a lot. I can read the monitor without them, but using them just relaxes my eyes a bit.
    Well gosh - There must be something in The Border air because I recently had cataract surgery, too. I had both eyes done, but I still have severe astigmatism. Therefore, my nearsightedness can't be fully corrected and I still have to wear prescription glasses. I also have dry eye and since the world is much brighter since the surgery, I am really struggling with extreme light sensitivity. My doctor put me on Restasis, but that takes about 6 months to see results. CA, I was searching the web a few weeks ago about getting some blue-light blockers to see if that would help. Do you remember What kind you bought?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    CA, I was searching the web a few weeks ago about getting some blue-light blockers to see if that would help. Do you remember What kind you bought?
    Cheapie readers from Amazon:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks a lot for the info, CA. Since I have prescription glasses, I'm going to have to go with clip-ons. But, I noticed that there is a really wide price range, so it's nice to know that the lower priced lenses work fine.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016