Page 114 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    This almost sounds me. Walking long distances is a chore. I have ADHD and anxiety, so I've always learned differently. I'm very book smart, but I have trouble with verbal communication. (I'm a great writer, though). I've had some difficulty with math, but I believe I've finished taking math classes. I'm so grateful for the rules that allow me to have the extra help/time, when need be. I'll probably end up working as professor, a museum curator, or for the government in some capacity. I need a somewhat cushy job, given my issues.
    That's good that you are getting the extra help. And being a museum curator is one of many dream jobs of mine. In between professional writer and funeral director.

My roommates and I are being evicted from our residence. We got a 60 day notice, and my roommates want to move to Las Vegas. I don't want to move to Vegas, I want to stay in Salt Lake, at least for another year or so. I don't know what to do, it feels like the ground is being pulled out from under me. I have no job, no government aid, no family here. I'm screwed. I'm going to try and talk to the county and see if they can help me stay in Utah.

So sorry to hear of your situation, Elle. Surely social services can help, and also refer you to some private agencies. A city as big as Salt Lake should have numerous faith-based accommodations as well. Good Luck!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    So sorry to hear of your situation, Elle. Surely social services can help, and also refer you to some private agencies. A city as big as Salt Lake should have numerous faith-based accommodations as well. Good Luck!
    Thanks. I was actually going to go to the welfare office today after my physical therapy appointment, but was in too much pain to do so. So I'll go on Tuesday and see if they can help at all.
    I just might have to ask the mormon church for help. I may not be a member now, but I was raised in it, so I most likely am still in their database. The main focus right now is getting a job. I put my resume on indeed.com a few months ago and now finally i'm finding some good leads. I have an interview on monday at one of those jobs. I'm hoping that I get it.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I wish you the best, Elle. Since you have cerebal palsy, I know that you will qualify for most government aid. With my CP and the other health issues, I qualify for SSI Survivors Benefits (My dad died when I was 11, and I receive his social security benefits because of my disability). I'm sure that there has to be some form of aid available to you.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Thanks, AG. I'm going to keep looking around for things that might help me. I have depression, so it's very easy for me to fall into despair. But I'm going try and not panic about this. My sister in California said she'd help figure out someway for me to stay in Utah. So we shall see.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Best of luck, Elle. Hopefully, everything will work out the way you want.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Sorry to hear about your situation, Elle81. You’re right to not panic about it. Cooler heads prevail, just take a deep breath. I wish you the best of luck!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation, Elle81. You’re right to not panic about it. Cooler heads prevail, just take a deep breath. I wish you the best of luck!
    Thanks. I'll be fine in the long run. It's just scary, after all these years I've never lived on my own. I've been either with family, husband, or now best friend\ roommate. And this also sucks, but I seriously have to end a thirty year friendship. All because my roommate and her family thought they could treat a person like shit and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Best of luck, Elle. Hopefully, everything will work out the way you want.
    Thanks, Dreamer. I hope so too. It's just scary. But life is scary, but you can either lean into the curve and roll with the changes or resist and crash.