Page 115 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I'm sorry to hear this, Elle81. My best wishes to you.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this, Elle81. My best wishes to you.
    Thanks, dude. Everyone here on the Border has been so supportive, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words. Yeah, this is nerve wracking, but i'll get through it.

OMG, so the job interview I had today went super well! I found out that the warehouse that is hiring is Amazon! and they are about as desperate for workers as I am for a job. So its a 89 percent chance that I'll get it. I think I might have channeled some good vibes from listening to Glenn's music earlier today. Because I was in a good mood, that made the interviewing process easier. The interviewer was super laid back and we laughed quite a few times. So I might possibly get to stay in Salt Lake.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's great to hear, Elle!

I had the nerve test done on my left leg and foot. I go back for the results on Friday. I'm pretty sure that I do have some nerve damage from my disability. If I do have some, it'll affect my treatment and physical therapy.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Thanks, AG. And I hope the results you get are the ones you want.

Good luck Elle...life is full of surprises and maybe this Amazon job will come through with new doors opening for you. Hoping the best for AG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Good luck Elle...life is full of surprises and maybe this Amazon job will come through with new doors opening for you. Hoping the best for AG as well.
    Thanks! I sure hope so. I haven't heard anything back from them yet, but I'm not worried. The guy I talked to at the temp agency said if it doesn't work out with Amazon, he'll help me find another one just as good.

Well, the good news is that I don't have any nerve damage. The bad news is that an ultrasound revealed arthritis in my ankle and bursitis in my bursa near my Achilles tendon. I had two injections (steroidal and numbing). I'm back in the walking boot for another week at least, and I go back for a follow-up in two weeks.
    -Kim-

AG95, I know that is no fun. That is what I'm dealing with right now. I'm going back and forth to St. Louis, MO to Barnes-Jewish Hospital to see the Washington University Physicians Neuromuscular team to find out why I woke up in December 2019 with the inability to move my foot and severe shooting pain going through my little toe. About a dozen MRIs and EMGs later, and I am no closer to a diagnosis than I was in 2019. All tests are normal. I think the next step is to have tendon transfers done to give stability to my foot so I don't have to wear a AFO brace forever, and I guess stay on the Lyrica for the long term. Very disheartening. I'm advocating for more testing, but not much else to be done.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Austin, I hope that you can get some answers soon. I've had several diagnoses from this one injury because I've had so many little injuries before that I paid little attention to. All I did was stand on tiptoes to turn off a ceiling fan light, and as I came down, I felt and heard something pop in the back of my left heel. With my cerebal palsy and abnormal gait, the injury just won't heal properly. I spent a month in the walking boot back in October, but I guess it wasn't enough. I've gotten used to walking in it, though it took awhile to figure out stairs. (My college campus is not as ADA compliment as it should be due to most of the buildings being several decades old). I start back in person classes on Tuesday, so it'll be fun spending most the day in the boot. (I don't have to use it at home).

I have a few more options to try out before surgery is considered. I go back in late February to see the foot surgeon and see how I'm progressing with the therapy and other treatments.
    -Kim-