Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I was in a minor car accident this morning...this is my third car accident in 4 years and my second in less than a year! No one was hurt and the damage was minor, but still, what a pain, having to get it repaired, and a rental car, etc. And the thing is, none of those accidents were my fault, I was hit each time. I feel like the universe is telling me I shouldn't drive!
    Oh no! At least you weren't hurt, but still!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sorry to hear about your accident, groupie. Glad you are ok.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Well it's been a bit since I've given an Austin life update.

My health is always up in the air and lately it's been a problem again. I've been having stomach pain and GI issues so I went to my gastroenterologist - whom I hadn't seen in almost 10 years. They wanted to do both an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. It was scheduled for next Monday, but got moved up to yesterday, which also happened to be my 31st birthday. Yup. So I spent my birthday in the hospital having scopes and I spent the night before drinking stuff that I wouldn't give my worst enemy to drink. I have to laugh and just shake my head sometimes. It's either that or just have a complete neurotic breakdown.

I got along fine with the procedure and basically am waiting on some biopsy results of both my stomach and colon. I had 3 colon polyps. I've had two prior colonoscopies, one in 2006 and one in 2010. I almost made it 10 years since my last one. Every time they've found polyps. The first colonoscopy found one, the 2nd found two, and this time three. Next time it will probably be four, lol. Some of my other health issues apparently really increase my risk of not only developing polyps but developing colon cancer itself. I will wait until the biopsy results get back and will either go back in 3 or 5 years depending on if they had bad cells in them or not yet. I was told 10 years last time, and made it 9 before having it done again. As far as my problem, they think I have a combination of too much bile acid in my stomach and intestines/gut from having my gallbladder removed and also Irritable Bowel Syndrome. They are going to treat the bile issue first and see how we do. If that doesn't do it, I'll be diagnosed with IBS-D and will have to pursue treatment. I had some acid reflux, which I've always had. Luckily nothing "bad" in there like cancer or a bleeding ulcer or something. I'm just ready to move on and get the pain and other symptoms treated.

Today I had my real birthday party, complete with pizza and cake, lol. I figure I better do it now before they tell me I have to start the IBS diet. At least it's not Celiac's. I don't think I could go without gluten.

Not much other life news here. Pretty much just health stuff here lately. I'm planning on going back to Florida for a week in October, which I'm looking forward to. I'll go again in March after that. I go 2x a year.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Well, bummer of an actual birthday, Austin... but sounds like you made up for it. Take care of yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Martha- Congrats - it sounds so exciting !

Groupie - I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it all works out with the ins.co. and car rental. Driving in NY is crazy.

Thanks everyone! And CAinOH - bubble wrapping my car might be my only option! I feel like there must be something on the back that says "hit me" that everyone can see but me!

Austin, I'm so sorry you went through that and on your birthday no less. I hope you're doing better and things improve from here!

Border Rebel

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on this thread!

Soda- So sorry to hear about Milton. Hopefully, he will find a food he likes and will respond to it. Cats can be the pickiest eaters. My old cat, Scout, eats both dry and wet food, but she only licks the gravy from the wet stuff. It's messy and a waste, but she's 18 and I feel like she deserves it!

groupie- Ugh! Dealing with insurance and rentals again... what a pain! Take that "hit me" sign off your car immediately!

WalshFan- I'm sorry you are still dealing with all of those health issues and had to go to the hospital on your birthday. I hope things turn a corner for you. I'm glad you had a good party yesterday at least!

MarthaJo- Congrats on your new adventure! It is wonderful to get to work in your life's passion. Good luck!

LuvTim- Your class sounds wonderful. I read a lot of biographies and historical fiction. I especially love WWII era based works. I'll have to check this book out!

The newest news in my life is my 3 week old grandson. He is my youngest son's first child and he evens the score for us, 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. My son brought him by the other day. The baby was wearing his "Take it Easy" onesie bought by his Eagle loving Mimi. My son and I are hoping he will be the third generation of Eagle lovers in our family!

Stuck on the Border

Awe... Congratulations My My.

Austin, I am so sorry you had to spend your birthday in the hospital. Glad you were able to celebrate yesterday. I hope things get better and hope that you have a great time in Florida.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, sorry about your birthday day being such a bummer! Hope you can get this all figured out and start feeling better. Glad you got a real party yesterday!

MyMy, congrats on your newest grand! Aren't they wonderful?! So fun! I only have two and can't stand it if I miss seeing them for a week! But boy, do they wear me out!

Not much news from me these days! No news is good news, right?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Not much news from me these days! No news is good news, right?!
    Psst... Brooke... Did you get a private message from me?