Page 107 of 140 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    My Dad recently died. He had stopped communicating. Only one of us was able to visit him in the hospice. By the last few days, he only really grunted when he was annoyed or hurt.

I took some of his cds in to play to him. His favourite Pink Floyd track was 'Time' and this did elicit a smile. His favourite Eagles song was 'Lyin' Eyes'. When I played this he started groaning and I realised he was trying to sing along. I cried, am crying now.

But what I take from this is how much music meant to him and how much it means to me. And how much joy it can bring. I hope somewhere Glenn is singing his favourite line to him 'She is headed for the cheating side of town'.

SS
    xx
    https://sshh-sshh.blogspot.com/
    I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing, SS. I lost my dad years ago and your post brought tears.
    I believe music is such a gift. It can bring diverse people together, bring recall of sweet memories, and bring joy in even the worst of times. It also is a tremendous healer of hearts, and I pray it helps heal you and your family.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

My heart goes out to you and your family. What a sad time. At least the music was able to bring you together. Prayers.

Stuck on the Border

SS - Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your father. It's amazing what music can do. May he RIP.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

So sorry for the loss of your father, SS. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I know how hard it is to loose your parents, but they will always live in you forever.

We were just talking about song power in another thread ... music is truly powerful.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

SS, my thoughts are with you. Losing a parent is hard even when you have time to prepare for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss, ss. Music is a beautiful thing, and I am so happy you and your father could enjoy it together right up to the end. Take care.
    Thanks, LT. Haven't been on the Border for a while.

SS
    xx
    https://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Brooke - so sorry for your loss!

Me too, Brooke.

SS
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Apologies that I have been off the Border for so long but a number of life events have been taking over. Many of you may know from FB and personal contact that my mother had been suffering from Parkinsons for the last few years and had been declining steadily. She had been adamant for a long time that she wanted to remain at home even though the family felt that a Nursing Home would be more appropriate. Shortly after I returned from Vets Aid it became too much for her and as she was declining further we had to admit her to hospital where she remained until the new year when a Nursing Home place became vacant for her. Once there we were hoping that she would recuperate a bit and enjoy a bit of TLC but unfortunately she developed a nymber of infections which refused to go away and late last Sunday noght (2nd February) she passed away peacefully. While we are all obviously sad at her passing we are grateful for the time we had with her and happy that she is now reunited with our Dad, the man she married 62 years ago tomorrow.

So sorry for your loss, GA. Take care of yourself.

SS
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    So sorry for the loss of your father, SS. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I know how hard it is to loose your parents, but they will always live in you forever.

We were just talking about song power in another thread ... music is truly powerful.
    Thanks, everyone for your sympathy. It's his birthday next week so we're going to visit him - he's buried in natural woodland site. Bluebells and ancient woodland.

SS
    xx
    https://sshh-sshh.blogspot.com/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SS, I'm so sorry to see that you lost your father. Remember the good times. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten