Page 118 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

So my first day at Amazon was crazy. First, the boss of my team barked at me because I had a black backpack. No one told me about the clear bag policy! (Thankfully I asked my roommate and she said i could use her clear tote that she had). Then the lady that was supposed to be the one showing me around couldn't that day because apparently Wednesdays are very very busy there. She was really nice and when she would see me, she'd apologize for not showing me around. And although the two guys that were showing me around are real nice guys, they just walk real real fast. I told them about my cerebral palsy and they tried their hardest to help make it easier for me. After walking the entire length of the complex (which is the size of two football fields!), we went to lunch. i ate on a different floor and ended up loosing track of the two guys. But it worked out in the end because they guys told the main supervisor that I would be better suited to just stay in one area. So now I just clean the 3rd floor break room, which is the size of a standard hospital cafeteria, and that's not that bad.

Today is day 2, and even though I'll be cleaning restrooms today, its going to be a good day. I'm hoping.

Stuck on the Border

OMG - I am so sorry to hear about all the drama/things you have to go through. Hopeing things work out for the better.

Good luck Elle!

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Good luck Elle!
    Thanks! god knows i'm going to need it. The supervisors and the other employees are already testing my patience and sanity. But I don't like to think of myself as a quitter, so I'm going to power through this. It hopefully will be better once my training period is over.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Well, I think my tooth infection might finally be gone after the dentist decided to pull 3 teeth. It sucks to lose them, but I needed the relief.

Somehow, I managed to sprained my left ankle and possibly my right knee within a week of each other. I have two orthopedic appointments within the next 2 weeks for both. I'm hobbling around with the aid of a crutch and a walking boot. I'm hopeful that I'll be in better shape next weekend as my uncle and I have tickets to racing event in Florida on Saturday.

On the school front, I still haven't made a decision yet. Because my Bachelor’s degree is a dual degree, I've been exposed to two different fields that I equally love. It's extremely hard to choose between them. I might take fall 2021 off to avoid making a rushed decision.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I managed to do something really stupid to my shoulder. Irritated an old injury last night trying to help my husband unhook a car hauler from the back of our truck. Loud pop and then a lot of pain. It was hurting a lot today, but the house needed cleaning so that's what I did. By the time I was done it hurt to move my right arm at all. Went to the doctor at the insistence of several family members. Diagnosis: I probably did some damage to the rotator cuff. He said he couldn't tell for sure because of the inflammation and the muscles spasming, but that would be his most likely diagnosis. It's going to be in a sling for 2 weeks and he is referring me to an orthopedist. This is going to be interesting. I know me. I'm not going to take it easy for two weeks. If I see something that needs doing I'm going to do it.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    So my first day at Amazon was crazy. First, the boss of my team barked at me because I had a black backpack. No one told me about the clear bag policy! (Thankfully I asked my roommate and she said i could use her clear tote that she had). Then the lady that was supposed to be the one showing me around couldn't that day because apparently Wednesdays are very very busy there. She was really nice and when she would see me, she'd apologize for not showing me around. And although the two guys that were showing me around are real nice guys, they just walk real real fast. I told them about my cerebral palsy and they tried their hardest to help make it easier for me. After walking the entire length of the complex (which is the size of two football fields!), we went to lunch. i ate on a different floor and ended up loosing track of the two guys. But it worked out in the end because they guys told the main supervisor that I would be better suited to just stay in one area. So now I just clean the 3rd floor break room, which is the size of a standard hospital cafeteria, and that's not that bad.

Today is day 2, and even though I'll be cleaning restrooms today, its going to be a good day. I'm hoping.
    You have the right attitude. I hope you now managing fine!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    You have the right attitude. I hope you now managing fine!
    Thanks, GA. Yeah, it's better now. I have been on restroom detail for the last week or so. But I hear they change up everyone's positions every three weeks, so we shall see what next week brings. And I do actually enjoy the job, even if it is sweeping up trash and scrubbing toilets. now I just hope to be there long term.

Wishing everyone the best. Hang in there! 💗

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Ditto Love Tim hoping everyone is doing well. Good luck Ariadne.