Page 12 of 140 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

That's a cool looking bike, AT.

I'm pretty positive that I'll be going on a 2 week study abroad program to Scotland next May. My history professor takes part in this statewide program every year. My Nana gave me a check for the cost of the trip($3,000), but I have to get/raise/save at least another $1,000 for the cost of a passport, the class I'll be taking, and money for food and other necessities while I'm in Scotland. I plan on setting up a GoFundMe to help me have enough money. Luckily, I have several months to save up for the trip. Needless to say, I'm very excited about this!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Great news AG95. Without wishing to sound too much like an old fogie, I really think it's nice for people to get some foreign experience when they're young. There's a whole big world out there.

Well here is the song I have been working on for a month and half.

Better Cover as made famous by Guns N Roses
    https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-...finalrosefinck

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so awesome Kim!!! I've always wanted to check out various parts of Europe and that is so cool your professor does that.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's freakin' great, Kim! Scotland is a beautiful country. I don't know if you're interested in Neolithic sites, but the Orkney Islands has standing stones and other ancient sites.

That sounds like a great opportunity, AG!

I am attending an open house at my mom and dads alma mater. Today is also my dads birthday.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    That's a cool looking bike, AT.

I'm pretty positive that I'll be going on a 2 week study abroad program to Scotland next May. My history professor takes part in this statewide program every year. My Nana gave me a check for the cost of the trip($3,000), but I have to get/raise/save at least another $1,000 for the cost of a passport, the class I'll be taking, and money for food and other necessities while I'm in Scotland. I plan on setting up a GoFundMe to help me have enough money. Luckily, I have several months to save up for the trip. Needless to say, I'm very excited about this!
    Sounds like a cool trip! Do you know at this stage where in Scotland you will be going? (No problem if you don't) Just curious as I've been north of the border quite a few times and know a fair chunk of it.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Have never been a biker myself, but I can see where it might be a fun activity to take up. Wishing all of you the very best in your lives.

Am enjoying this semester of classes at Lanier Tech. My classes are Nursery Production & Management, Sustainable Agriculture, and Small Engine & Gas Repair. Haven't run into anyone who might give me issues, contrary to some of my fears prior to the start of this present semester. However, I do know from personal experience that this is probably not the career path which will be the best suited to me, so I am in the process of going around to area colleges that have the Mass Communication courses in which I am interested and touring the campuses to see which one has the courses and student environment that would be best suited to me. Went to Dalton State College and Truett McConnell College last week, and am in the process of arranging a trip to Young Harris College. Fingers crossed that something comes my way as it regards direction in life.

Should also add that after the "Long Run Survivor" game comes to its conclusion, I will do what I should have probably done some time ago and depart from this place for good. It is more a matter of having far better things to do in my life than to just check in and post on a web page(however nice it may be) at seemingly all hours of the day than it is anything else. You all enjoy yourselves.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Sounds like a cool trip! Do you know at this stage where in Scotland you will be going? (No problem if you don't) Just curious as I've been north of the border quite a few times and know a fair chunk of it.

I'll be staying in Edinburgh. For the most part, the group will do daily commutes on trains to get to different locations. I should be spending one night up in the Highlands. I'll have the evenings and a weekend free tondo whatever I want. On the weekend, I'm free to go wherever I want to within the UK.
    In case any UK borderer wants to try and meet up, the trip is May 13-27.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time