Page 125 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Scamp - sorry for your loss.

Elle81 - good luck!

---

My surgery went well. I'm going to be glad when recovery is all done and over but I'm hanging in there.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Scamp - sorry for your loss.

Elle81 - good luck!

---

My surgery went well. I'm going to be glad when recovery is all done and over but I'm hanging in there.
    Thanks, Austin. I'm glad your surgery went well.
    and Scamp, I am so sorry I didn't say anything earlier. I hope your doggo had a safe journey across the Rainbow Bridge.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Austin and Elle - Wishing you both quick recoveries.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Austin and Elle - Wishing you both quick recoveries.
    Thanks, Dreamer.
    I hope I can recover quickly, because my boss has a bunch of events lined up for the summer and he's already been asking me to do a few. With the carpal tunnel being in both hands and me getting the traditional surgery for it (which means my wrist and palm will be sliced open), I have no idea how incapacitated I will be or how long my recovery will be. So that has me a bit worried. Hopefully they'll just have me watch a door/or gate. Perhaps a position with limited hand movements, at least until I heal. Both my boss and the supervisors under him are nice guys who are understanding, so it might not be a problem.

I talked to the clinic where I'm getting the surgery done and they want to do IV sedation and not put me completely under. I was not told about IV sedation. My options were either fully awake and a giant needle getting stabbed in my wrist or full knock out surgery. I can do an IV, as long as I'm not conscious I don't care. But they also want me to have a ride home and someone to take care of me post-op. I don't have anyone around me who would be nice enough to do that. I'm going to have to tell them that I'm pretty much living on my own and all my family and good friends are too far away that they can't help. And my roommates are jerks who wouldn't help me even if there was a billion dollars involved. So ok, now I'm panicking.

Wishing you the best, Elle. Is there someone who could come stay with you?

I've developed tendonitis in my arm from the unergonomic set-up working from home all this time. Sometimes it's so bad that after working and using a computer all day, I can't use a computer or phone, so i can't do things I enjoy like coming on here or talking to friends who live across the country (who prefer to communicate online). I type for a living so it never heals. I've tried KT tape for the first time tonight, it seems to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Wishing you the best, Elle. Is there someone who could come stay with you?

I've developed tendonitis in my arm from the unergonomic set-up working from home all this time. Sometimes it's so bad that after working and using a computer all day, I can't use a computer or phone, so i can't do things I enjoy like coming on here or talking to friends who live across the country (who prefer to communicate online). I type for a living so it never heals. I've tried KT tape for the first time tonight, it seems to be better.
    Thanks for the well wishes, I really appreciate it. And sadly, no. There is no one who can come. Besides, my roommates would never allow that. I don't have any friends here and my family is back in California. I'm on my own.

Ok so now I am freaking out real bad. The doctor preforming the surgery, which is tomorrow, tells me that because I don't have anyone at home who is willing to take care of me, I will be getting just a local anesthesia, which means many many needles will be jammed in to both wrists, both arms, and both sides of my neck. Also I not getting any strong pain killers, because I don't have anyone who will take care of me. This is just lovely. I am panicking so bad right now I want to cry.

Elle, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending good thoughts your way, hopefully it won't be that bad.

I understand your anxiety, elle. But doctors are used to having patients without support, and wouldn't go this route if they didn't think it would go well. They'll give you a shot to relax you. I know when I had out-patient surgery, over the counter meds worked better than the potentially addictive prescription they gave me. It'll be okay. Prayers and well-wishes your way! Take care, and hopefully your living situation will improve soon.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."