Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

What happens on the GNR & AC/DC boards that doesn't happen here?

Arguing,Trolling,Bashing of Band Members,Complaining,Whining etc.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I go to forums to get away from that!
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 08-30-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Arguing,Trolling,Bashing of Band Members,Complaining,Whining etc.
    I think in January most people here decided they wanted all that to stop because there was no point in it any more.

Border Desperado

Most people have to put up with that crap in their daily lives! Especially at work. Why would anyone want to participate in a forum on their free time that involves that?

I answered too soon. I can think of a select few drama queens I always keep a nice distance from who would probably love that type of chaos...

Agreed. But even before I Januray I noticed this is a very passive forum. Which I like.

Can't believe I start my Senior Year Of High School Tommorow

Hi, tm2. Best of luck with your senior year!
    I hope you have the time of your life!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

AG, best wishes for you as you recover from your infection and continue your classes. Stay strong.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

I think you can put it down to the board being well-moderated. Problems are dealt with before they get out of hand and people are reminded of the rules. Internet wars can be quite exciting in the short term but it gets old and depressing very quickly.

My elder son is moving out properly tomorrow - or so he says. He's finished university and is starting a new job in London in a few weeks time. He hasn't spent much time at home over the last few years but it's still been his base. Next week, my younger son goes back to university. I'm getting ready for that "empty nest" feeling.

Meanwhile, my father-in-law seems to have settled down after a troublesome year. For his age (92), he's pretty good but he was getting confused and irrational. He wasn't keeping up with his mail, cleaning, washing dishes etc and kept changing his mind about where he wanted to live. We tried bringing him to stay with us for a bit and he ended up calling the police to say he was being kept against his will. He's now back in his own home with someone coming in for an hour a day and seems to be pretty normal. He also seems to have finally accepted that he can't drive and uses taxis to get around. Maybe I'm asking for trouble in writing all this! I do wonder how big a part stress plays in dementia. Now he doesn't have to do everything for himself and isn't worrying that he'll have to go to a care home, he's more relaxed and seems to be able to think more clearly. He even seems to have improved with remembering words.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I think you can put it down to the board being well-moderated. Problems are dealt with before they get out of hand and people are reminded of the rules. Internet wars can be quite exciting in the short term but it gets old and depressing very quickly.

My elder son is moving out properly tomorrow - or so he says. He's finished university and is starting a new job in London in a few weeks time. He hasn't spent much time at home over the last few years but it's still been his base. Next week, my younger son goes back to university. I'm getting ready for that "empty nest" feeling.

Meanwhile, my father-in-law seems to have settled down after a troublesome year. For his age (92), he's pretty good but he was getting confused and irrational. He wasn't keeping up with his mail, cleaning, washing dishes etc and kept changing his mind about where he wanted to live. We tried bringing him to stay with us for a bit and he ended up calling the police to say he was being kept against his will. He's now back in his own home with someone coming in for an hour a day and seems to be pretty normal. He also seems to have finally accepted that he can't drive and uses taxis to get around. Maybe I'm asking for trouble in writing all this! I do wonder how big a part stress plays in dementia. Now he doesn't have to do everything for himself and isn't worrying that he'll have to go to a care home, he's more relaxed and seems to be able to think more clearly. He even seems to have improved with remembering words.
    I am so very sorry for that. It sounds like Alzheimer's. My Nonna(Italian for Grandmother) Had it and was Diagnosed before I was born. So I never got to know her. She passed away in 2014 at 86 having the disease for a unusually long time 20 years. 1995-1996. Your father in law seems unusually old to start showing symptoms which happens at around ones late 60s. It is a horrible horrible disease and to see someone suffer is just any unbearable sight. Thoughts and prayers