Page 24 of 140 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Thanks, AT. I'm just checking to be sure that this is what you're saying. You're suggesting to ask other staff members for more info on her due to not being that helpful, and if given the chance to explain why, do so? If they don't do anything after doing that, then it could be a basis for a complaint?

I talked with a different counselor last week, BTW, and she was very helpful in checking over my college applications to make sure that there were no mistakes in recording the academic history on the apps.
    Yes. You've received poor service from one person. Before you complain, I'd advise you to approach another person in a calm polite way. That in itself may resolve the problem, and also give 'the system' feedback that things aren't working properly. If you still don't get the help you need, you then have a much stronger basis for a complaint, and have shown that you yourself have been prepared to try and solve the problem before complaining.

That's my suggestion. You've already got the basis for a complaint now. But, if you try approaching someone else pre-complaint, then there's less chance that those dealing with your complaint will consider it one person versus another. But showing that you are prepared to be more than reasonable, your complaint will be taken more seriously when/if you make it.

I would go back to the same person you spoke to last time, and ask for help. Then you can ask him/her about how to address the problem in general.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

AT, how are things going in your swimming and biking endurance efforts - is that on hold for the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    AT, how are things going in your swimming and biking endurance efforts - is that on hold for the winter?
    Last Saturday I did what I thought would be an easy 100km ride including a 1km swim. Should have been easy, but it was difficult. I was late for the swim (I was meeting others) and then tired when I got back. I don't know when I'll go out for a proper ride next, though I should be swimming on Friday.

My plans to do 300km cycling in one day are hence on hold a bit.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 12-01-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've been so busy with college that I haven't had much free time over these past few weeks.

Monday is my last day of regular classes, and then, Tuesday- Thursday are the finals period. All of my grades are much set in stone, so I haven't go alot of pressure on me. I've enjoyed this semester a whole lot. I've made some close friends, but I am looking forward to my month longChristmas break.

In other news, I finally got my learner's permit this past Friday. While it's not complete independence of driving, it is a huge step in the right direction. I hope to have my regular license by February or March.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Good luck on your finals, AG95!

Been doing ALOT of recording lately I can't wait to share it with you guys.

Damn cold is slowly going. Just the occasional bit of coughing now.

In terms of cycle rides, I was hoping that I would be able to cycle around every volcano within the city limits of Auckland when I'm down there. But, even if I take 12 hours, that's still only 13 a bit minutes per volcano, and I don't think I can do it.

Oh AT, what an adventurous life you lead! I'm an absolute slug by comparison.

I really would love to see NZ some day. I bet the people are very nice.

New Zealand people are of course very nice. You can let us have your credit card and pin number with perfect safety. I promise! Give it a go and see!

Seriously though, if I was travelling just for adventure I would go somewhere more adventurous. I'm going to NZ to visit family, and some friends, and will try just a few interesting excursions while I'm there.

If I was going for adventure, I know where I'd go. I would like to go visit Iran. I've read/viewed a lot, and it looks like an absolutely fascinating country to visit which at present isn't overrun with tourists, which changes places and people.

It may look adventurous to go and live in rural Japan, not knowing the language, and it was. But, that ws decades ago. I want some more proper adventure.

AT, are you a native Kiwi then? I thought you were an Englishman. Not to get too personal or anything.

Hey! You just reminded me that I saw something that might be useful to post in the Songwriting thread.