Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

On a more positive note check out what I got a few months ago

It's a lithograph singed by all current members of Guns N Roses commemorating the historic regrouping.

Top left is Axl followed by new member Keyboardist Melissa Reese then Drummer Frank Ferrar with Guitarist Richars Fortus right below Frank's. It spells 4tus. Below Axl's is Pianist Dizzy Reed who has been a member since 1990 so he has the second longest tenure and has played on all the albums from The Ilusions to Chinese Democracy then below his is Slash's and to the right is Duff

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Best of luck with school, TM. I'm glad that your father-in-law seems to be doing better, UtW. Dementia and Alzheimers are horrible.

Well, the antibiotics have started working. I don't feel as bad today as I have the past 5 days.

I won't have any classes tomorrow, which means I have 5 day weekend. My history professor is at conference for the next 2 weeks, so his classes will be online YouTube lectures that I can do anytime over the next 2 weeks. Because of the tropical storm out in the Gulf, my American Government professor has cancelled all of his classes for tomorrow. My family reunion is this weekend, so I know that I'll have a fun weekend.

This Saturday with be my Nana's 96th birthday. I'm amazed that she can still by herself, and that she still has a very sharp memory.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

First day went great

Woke up to a 5.6 earthquake this morning. All is fine with us here, but the cat was completely unnerved. (And even though this wasn't my first quake, it didn't do me any favors, either, being awakened in that manner.)

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Woke up to a 5.6 earthquake this morning. All is fine with us here, but the cat was completely unnerved. (And even though this wasn't my first quake, it didn't do me any favors, either, being awakened in that manner.)
    Glad that the quake didn't cause any damage. I've never been in one, and I hope I never will be.

My family reunion was a blast. (I posted a photo in the photo thread.) Some cousins I'd never met, but knew of came to this reunion because we celebrated one of my great aunt's 90th birthday.

My Nana had a great 96th birthday. (My Nana and my family reunion are on opposite sides of the family.)

Unfortunately, I learned that a close cousin has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and she'll most likely have to have a double mastectomy. She has a husband and 3 sons. One is my age, and the other 2 are in high school and middle school, so this is understandably causing a lot of hardship on them.

School starts back for me in 2 hours. The past 5 days flew by!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Oh my. Forgive my ignorance, but is that normal for your area?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh my. Forgive my ignorance, but is that normal for your area?
    I live in Kansas, not historically known as earthquake territory, but this has become the "new normal."

I don't want to get into a controversial discussion, so I'll just say that the fact is the quakes have increased in frequency and in strength since the practice of fracking began. The quake was centered in Oklahoma (but was felt as far north as Nebraska.) Substantial damage was incurred there in OK so the state has finally taken some action now to shut down a portion of the fracking locations.

You can see more about this continuing conversation by searching the internet for pertinent information, of course.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Ah yes, I saw a news story on the issue. The sharp rise in the number of earthquakes is alarming.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I didn't feel it, but I talked to a guy in Illinois just across the Mississippi River from me and he felt it.

I'm sure it could be rather scary. I felt one several years ago here. Weird!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Had a four day weekend thanks to Hurricane Hermine. It would have been wonderful if the electricity had not been out for almost 36 hours.

On the plus side, Saturday we had a wedding shower for my daughter Lindsay and her fiancé Josh. They will be getting married on October 8.