Page 46 of 140 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Make sure to look at this thread for a special song I am recording for you guys

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Exactly what is the torn rotor cuff please NKIT? Reason I am asking is that I have been experiencing shoulder pain over the last while. It is barely noticable a lot of the time, BUT, when I turn it or stretch my arm back (like say to scratch ny back or do up a zipper) I get bad pain and impaired movement. I have googled it and it sounds like Shoulder Impingement Syndrome - have you heard of this? I'm on holidays from early next month until September so I may seek medical help then if it doesnt improve
    Ga, it can mean lots of different things and it will take an MRI to actually find out exactly what is wrong. Even with that, there can be more wrong than is seen, as was my husband's case. His was really bad and was living with constant pain and taking too much high powered drugs just to get by day to day. He finally had the MRI, which is pretty expensive if insurance doesn't cover it. His did pretty well. He had a torn muscle and ligament that was just holding on. There was also a large bone spur that had grown through and torn the muscle that had to be removed (sawed off). He also had a piece of bone that was floating around in there and it had to be taken out. I think he will be glad he had it fixed sooner or later. Recovery varies according to each individual. We have been doing his physical therapy every day since and he's so much better!

His regular doctor didn't think he needed an MRI either! Of course, he was feeding him the drugs and enjoying his income off that too!

I also had a shoulder injury several years ago when I fell coming down our stairs. I didn't go to the doctor for a couple weeks, but it didn't get any better and I finally did. I had the frozen shoulder-couldn't lift it very much at all. I had an MRI and there was a small tear but the doctor told me I could try physical therapy first. I did and it worked. I have a tinge of pain once in a while, but nothing that has worried me.

I hope you don't need surgery!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for the advice Brooke, its not majorly sore except when I do certain moves with it. The MRI sounds like a good idea (I'd get it free here anyway). I think I can manage till the Summer holidays but I will try to do something then as if it does need treatment I will have time for it to recover too. Hope your hubbys shoulder issue is ok now.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Glennsallnighter - I am sorry I did not see your post to respond sooner. My doctor did not order an MRI until after I had been in PT for three months and was not getting much better. That was when they found out I had the partially torn rotor cuff and and a small amount of torn cartg.
    My shoulder and upper arm hurt like heck and I couldn't lift my right arm completely high above my head or behind my back. I was in PT for 6 months and had a cortisone shot. It has been bothering me again off and on so I am considering going back for a second shot.
    Sounds like Brooke answered you regarding the frozen shoulder. I have a friend who had it so I know it is very painful. Perhaps you should ask your doctor for the MRI. Good Luck.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hi everybody, it's been awhile since I've posted on this site. What originally started as a short break from social media/the internet to focus on a new semester of college turned into a semester-long hiatus from most of my usual websites. I've been focused on college only for the past few months. As a result of this, I've maintained my 4.0 GPA, made the Dean's list, and joined my school's honors program. I also branched out socially as well; I joined several clubs (history, Model UN, book club, political science club, CAB, among others). I should be going to a few conferences with the Model UN(Atlanta, Ga and Ottawa, Canada) and political science clubs(Savannah, Ga).
    I also managed to be elected to the position of junior representative for the student government for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. After next year, my school will cease to exist because of a merger, so to be on the last student government is an honor to me because we(the SGA) will be the voice of Bainbridge State's student body as the merger moves forward.

I also just returned to the states from my two week study abroad trip to Scotland. I can't put into words how much I loved and enjoyed that trip. It was the experience of a lifetime, for sure. Seven of my Bainbridge State classmates, including my best friend, were also on the trip (20 students in all). The professor in charge of the whole thing was one of my two favorites from my school.

This is a photo of all of us BSC students with our professor in front of Linlithgow Castle.

We stayed at a hostel in Edinburgh, but went on several day trip to places like St. Andrews, Linlithgow, Sterling, and Tweedbank. Plus a 2 day/1 night trip through the highlands.(We spent the night in Oban). The other days were spent exploring place Edinburgh like Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, St. Giles Cathedral, The National Museum of Scotland, The Writers' Museum, Arthur's Seat, Greyfrairs' Kirkyard, Calton Hill, Grassmarket, and the Surgeon's Museum. We also went to a brand new play that focuses on the relationship between Mary, Queen of Scots and John Knox called Glory on Earth,, on a ghost tour, a literary pub tour, and we danced to traditional Scottish music at a local dance hall. The nights were spent exploring Edinburgh's thriving night life scene.(picture something stronger than soda)

Unfortunately I injured my left knee and ankle when I tripped down some steps at St. Andrews' Cathedral, and I also caught a cold. Despite these setbacks, though, I honestly had the time of my life in Scotand. I hope to go back in the near future!

These two photos of my best friend and I were taken in the courtyard of Holyrood Palace and in the lobby of the Lyceum Theatre where we saw Glory on Earth.

I have many more photos, but I'll post a few of them (mainly scenery ones) in the photo thread.
    Now that summer has rolled around, I have abundant free time until August, so I hope to be able to post on here regularly. I know that alot has happened in the Eagles world since January, and I look forward to once again discussing and conversing about one of my favorite bands. I hope that everyone is doing well.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Great pics, AG95, your trip to Scotland sounds awesome. Hats off to you for doing well in school.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Great pics, AG95, your trip to Scotland sounds awesome. Hats off to you for doing well in school.
    Yes, I second that emotion Congrats AG95 on a job well done! Very glad you had a safe and memorable trip to Scotland. Thanks for sharing!!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so awesome Kim!!! Congrats on your school work and that Scotland trip sounds amazing!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Welcome back, Kim. It sounds like you are havung a great time and that signing up for college was a good move. I look forward to hearing more from you.