Page 49 of 140 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

NMB - It is my favorite Eagles song, that's why I chose the name. That song deserved the Grammy for best song too.
    I hope the meds have kicked in and you are feeling a little better each day.

NMB feel better

First day of finals went well.

Next year at coege I am doing an Associates Buisness program then I am going to transfer into the Mechanical Engineering program with an Acoustics concentration.

I apologize if I have seemed a little aggressive latley. I have been very stressed out I am on the verge of not passing Algebra and Banking but I need one of them or both to Graduate and it is stressing the hell out of me. I have had 3 panic attacks over the past 2 weeks because of it.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's a heavy course load, Travlnman, no wonder you're stressed out. Have a restful summer and good luck. Do you want to be an audio engineer?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    AG - Congrats on doing so well this semester - really something to be proud of. Your photos are beautiful and I am happy you had such a great time. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing more about your college adventures - make the most of them !
    PS - Where is your college? Just asking as I have never heard of it.
    I loved your book reading list and have decided to check my local library to see if they have them so I can check them out.
    Bainbridge State College is located in the small city of Bainbridge, Georgia (main campus); it has two smaller campuses in two equally smaller cities in Georgia. Student enrollment is around 2500 students. BSC is a stepping stone for most students, including me because it's mainly a two-year(AA degree for me) college, although it does have a four-year nursing program. However, around this time next year, Bainbridge State will be only a memory. Bainbridge, the city, is in extreme southwestern Georgia, and is located about 50 minutes north of Tallahassee, Florida.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's a heavy course load, Travlnman, no wonder you're stressed out. Have a restful summer and good luck. Do you want to be an audio engineer?
    I wanted to originally but I kind of wanted to learn how to build Amplifiers, Speakers, Learn about Noise Cancellation in Airplane Cabins etc.

Thing is I hate math

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Smile Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks for the congrats and welcome backs, everyone. . Sadly, my college excitement now consists of movie day this coming Wednesday, which kind of pales in comparison to Scotland. I'm ready for fall semester to arrive. I miss working on projects/ essays, although I am currently working on an honors project/potential convention project for my political science professor.
    My classes in the fall will be: a class on the United Nations(taught by my history professor, the Scotland one), British Literature(it'll be more enjoyable having been to the UK), Humanities I, Spanish II, and Safety and First Aid. I may add another class since this load is kind of light for me, but with my added responsibilities, I might not.

In my non-college life, my favorite great uncle passed away earlier this week. He'd been ill for about a year or so, but his death was a surprise because I didn't know his health was that bad.
    I also had to go to the doctor because of the ankle injury that I suffered in Scotland. Nearly three weeks later, it hasn't started to heal and the pain/swelling is making walking difficult
    I'm waiting on x-ray results.

TM, best of luck with your classes.

NMB, I hope that your vertigo gets better soon. Ive had it temporarily because of ear infections, and it was horrible. .
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

AG - Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your beloved uncle. Sounds like a great bunch of class you will be taking. Maybe you should take a break on the heavy load of courses since you will be so involved in all the other school related activities, which I think is awesome. I sprained my ankle a few years ago and it took forever to heal. Did you try soaking the ankle in Epsom Salt - it helped for me.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, AG95. My sympathy goes to you and your family.

I took British Literature in college. This was back in the olden days when you had to stand in line and physically register for classes. The line for American Lit was huge. I didn't want to wait so I opted for the much shorter British Lit line.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

AG - My Mom and her entire are from Valdosta - Is that near your college ?

Stuck on the Border

Delilah - Sounds like my story except I wanted British Lit and the class was filled so I took the American Lit and World Lit classes. I of course had to register in person also ! Those were the days !