Page 52 of 140 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

NMB - So happy to hear you are over the vertigo and feeling better.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

NMB, glad to hear you are better, but take it easy!

Sorry I've been mia lately. I had last week off work and got lots of stuff done around home. Also went to a Jonny Lang show in Columbia and met up with our daughter for dinner before.

Now, back to work!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I would like to thank my compadres on The Border for wishing me well. I'm feeling much better after a treatment by a vestibular therapist. No more of the spins when I look up or lie down. Yippee!

Special thanks to the kind-hearted Tracy
    Hey there! So glad to hear you are responding well to treatment and feeling better!! 🌺💐🌷🎈🌻🎼🎤😎

All Best,

Dawn

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Glad you are feeling so much better NMB, and Brooke, great that you had a lovely week off.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Delighted to report that I got my final degree results a few days ago. I did very well and got a first (better than I'd expected TBH). My graduation is in a few weeks but you can now call me Jonny Come Lately MSc if you're into that sort of thing (or not - I don't mind!).

Also wanted to congratulate TM on completing high school - I remember that summer well, have a great time - and hope that everyone else is well.

Well, it has been awhile since I've been on here. Busy planning a August wedding and my son having major surgery. My daughter is getting married, and wow there is a lot to plan, even being the Mom. My son, poor kid, has to go back into braces at 22 years old, then have reconstructive jaw surgery. I just pray this surgery stops or at the least, helps his headaches that he has had since he was small. He is busy working on graduating in December with a Petroleum Eng. degree. He also goes to summer school and works two jobs. Busy busy. My health took a weird turn in April. I found out I have kidney cysts on my left kidney and a scar on my right. Nothing too serious, the Dr. said a lot of people have cysts and have no clue they are there. But I was getting such horrible infections. Happy to say I am on the road to recovery. Our summer was a slow starter. It has finally warmed up to above 80 and is beautiful. Most of my flower plants did weird things this year with it being so cool and rainy. I just hope it stays nice for awhile, have to have the sunshine. Well that's all for now Peace and Have a Safe Happy July 4th!!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

I know I haven't been on here much in like forever but tomorrow is my one year anniversary with my boyfriend.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    My graduation is in a few weeks but you can now call me Jonny Come Lately MSc if you're into that sort of thing (or not - I don't mind!).
    You have a master's degree! And you're so young, a mere whelp really. Congratulations, Master Jonny!

Stuck on the Border

Johnny, what subject is your degree in and what comes next?

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Thanks for the kind words! My degree is in Chemistry - I did a 4 year course with a research project in my final year - this turned out to be a very good call as I got my best mark of the three counting years in my final year, in part because my project went very well (I mention this specifically as some people only did a 3 year course). I plan to continue my academic studies by doing a PhD, probably in Inorganic/Materials Chemistry, which is my favourite and strongest area, which I'll start in late September.