Page 6 of 140 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks, AT. Yeah, I was going to call SJSU this week and ask them about it. If I don't, I'm going to keep thinking about it. The thing with that school is that the faculty is great, but the administration, counseling, and registration can be problematic. Schools everywhere have their problems, but the whole CSU system is under a budget crisis and it's not pretty. Shortage of classes and impacted majors consist of the environment here. Even about 5 years ago, one of my relatives said that SJSU's advising and counseling were bad. They were described as useless, and you were better off just using a piece of paper as a guideline. Not that a guideline is bad, but I mean, you should expect more from the staff.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

You can use a piece of paper, and phone them. If you think that advice is poor, then double check everything yourself.

We're lucky where I work that we have an excellent student advice centre that is a first port of call for all help. They'll either help (and they're set up to do a lot) or know where students should go/whom students should speak to for pretty much everything. Makes my job a lot easier.

Almost 2 weeks ago, I came to a burglarized home. Losing the TV, camera, mp3 player wasn't that big of a deal, but my musical instruments - those are like my children. Feel totally violated, paranoid... The police bend over backwards to do nothing about it. I wish they'd just tell us "Hey, it's jungle law" and not arrest me if I beat the hell out of who I suspect.

Stuck on the Border

That's awful. TVs are easily replaced - so long as the insurance comes through, but most musical instruments are so much more personal. I hope you're able to track them down.

The book I'm reading describes how a band's equipment was stolen during an american tour. It was a british made and bright orange with the band's name stencilled on the side and so not easy to re-sell on the black market. When the band returned to the US after replacing the equipment, they received a call from someone offering to sell their old stuff back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    Almost 2 weeks ago, I came to a burglarized home. Losing the TV, camera, mp3 player wasn't that big of a deal, but my musical instruments - those are like my children. Feel totally violated, paranoid... The police bend over backwards to do nothing about it. I wish they'd just tell us "Hey, it's jungle law" and not arrest me if I beat the hell out of who I suspect.
    MSF, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I have been burglarized, too, so I know a little about how you must feel. Again, my heart goes out to you.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

My I extend my sympathies to all who have suffered burglaries.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, MortSahlFan.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so sorry too MSF.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Sorry to hear about that MortSahlFan. Hope your insurance covers as much stuff as it can. Unfortunately, the cops don't care b/c it happens too often and it's too hard to figure out w/o leads. If you don't have clear, camera evidence of the perpetrators, then the cops won't do much.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Isn't there a way to trace the instruments and anything else by the serial numbers? I guess the criminals sand them off.