Page 86 of 140 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Well, I'm kinda going through the 5 stages of grief after getting fired yesterday from what was supposed to be my "dream job". Right now, I'm "feeling cold & small", thinking "what do you do when your dreams come true and it's not quite like you planned".
    I moved back to
    California from Vermont to be the Wardrobe Supervisor for a theater company in Silicon Valley. I only had 5 shows to go, was loving the cast---although the crew that I had was not so great, and I believe were instrumental in my demise from the company, and looking forward to 2 weeks off until the next show. Then BAM!!! I was blindsided! I still don't know the reason..only that I wasn't a "good fit".
    So my "sweet as Glenn" husband, Kevin, is taking me down to Southern California to my hometown for the weekend. I'll get to see family & old friends to help forget my troubles.. And best of all, I have a job interview there on Monday. It'll mean another move, but hey. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. Maybe the next job will stick.
    As for now, I'm watching our Eagles DVD my son got me for Christmas, trying not to stress eat and trying to think positive & move on. In fact, I may be already gone.

DSCN2681.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Well, I'm kinda going through the 5 stages of grief after getting fired yesterday from what was supposed to be my "dream job". Right now, I'm "feeling cold & small", thinking "what do you do when your dreams come true and it's not quite like you planned".
    I moved back to
    California from Vermont to be the Wardrobe Supervisor for a theater company in Silicon Valley. I only had 5 shows to go, was loving the cast---although the crew that I had was not so great, and I believe were instrumental in my demise from the company, and looking forward to 2 weeks off until the next show. Then BAM!!! I was blindsided! I still don't know the reason..only that I wasn't a "good fit".
    So my "sweet as Glenn" husband, Kevin, is taking me down to Southern California to my hometown for the weekend. I'll get to see family & old friends to help forget my troubles.. And best of all, I have a job interview there on Monday. It'll mean another move, but hey. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. Maybe the next job will stick.
    As for now, I'm watching our Eagles DVD my son got me for Christmas, trying not to stress eat and trying to think positive & move on. In fact, I may be already gone.

DSCN2681.jpg
    I'm so sorry! How awful. I'm glad your husband and family are there for you. Hugs to you at this difficult time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

MarthaJo56, that's terrible! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Their loss!!
    I'm wishing you bigger and better things for your future!👍

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Martha - I am so sorry to here this. Wishing good luck for your job interview next week.

I'm sorry to hear about your setback MarthaJo. Keep your head held high!

-----

Well I'm back from vacation. It's soooo cold here compared to Florida. And I have 4 doctor appointment to greet me this week...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your setback MarthaJo. Keep your head held high!

-----

Well I'm back from vacation. It's soooo cold here compared to Florida. And I have 4 doctor appointment to greet me this week...
    Hang in there, Austin. Just keep reminding yourself it's to figure out how to manage things. Best wishes and healing thoughts.

MarthaJo, you hang in there, too. So many people want to keep us from our dreams, but we must persevere. Best wishes to you as well.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So sorry to hear about you job MarthaJo -I hope you find something you like real soon.

This night 12 years ago exactly I joined the Border - one of the definitely better decisions of my life so far
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Hang in there, Austin. Just keep reminding yourself it's to figure out how to manage things. Best wishes and healing thoughts.

MarthaJo, you hang in there, too. So many people want to keep us from our dreams, but we must persevere. Best wishes to you as well.
    Thanks so much. To paraphrase our Glenn, I'm not running out of dreams, I'm just running out of time. Although even at 63, I think I have a good 20-30 years left to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Thanks so much. To paraphrase our Glenn, I'm not running out of dreams, I'm just running out of time. Although even at 63, I think I have a good 20-30 years left to dream.
    Absolutely! I'm trying to set up my next career... we'll see how that goes.

@MarthaJo: So sorry to hear about your job, but I'm glad you have an interview set up already! That's great! Prayers for success!

@Austin -- Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Prayers for you as you see all these docs, and for healing. Let us know how you're doing!