Page 95 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Good to see you, EL!

Another milestone for me today! My first grandson graduated from PreK! I can't believe he's 5 already and is so darn smart! (Like every grandparent thinks of every grandchild! ) Thankfully, we have a seven month old to cuddle now too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Good to see you, EL!

Another milestone for me today! My first grandson graduated from PreK! I can't believe he's 5 already and is so darn smart! (Like every grandparent thinks of every grandchild! ) Thankfully, we have a seven month old to cuddle now too!
    Aw. You're a proud grandmommy, I know!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Awwww congrats to your Grandson Brooke!

Stuck on the Border

Brooke - Congratulations on your Grandson's Pre-K graduation - they grow up so fast.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hi everyone. It's been awhile-almost 2 years, I think since I posted on here.
    I'm still alive and kicking, just finished my third year of college. I'll graduate in Spring 2021 with a Bachelors degree in History and Government. In Feb. 2018, I started a part time job at my college as a tutor, which has benefited me well.
    I've continued to work on developing a future in the field of academia- I've presented papers on Brexit twice at the state's annual political science conference, and will do another on a similar topic again this year. For history, I've presented a paper on Burt Reynolds and the American South in popular culture during the 1970s (the relationship between the 2). I'll probably switch to Jimmy Carter and his relationship with pop culture during his governorship/presidency. The more I do this, the more I like both fields and the academia field in general.
    Personally, I've had ups and downs, but overall, life is good. My health fluctuates, but it's not too bad. I've started a better diet and exercise back in November. I've lost 16 pounds, which is great for a 23 year old college student.
    I'll probably be moving to a city (about 50,000 population) for my last two years of school around August. Compared to the small town I live in, this is a big, scary, but necessary jump.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to post some over the summer break.

ETA: Forgot to say that my area was heavily impacted my Hurricane Michael back in October. It hit us as a Cat 3. It'll be a long time before we fully recover.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 05-17-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Brooke..a Pre-K graduation! How adorable was that?! Congrats to your grandson!
    Glad you're back, EagleLady!
    Good to hear from you again, AG95! I thought of you when the storm came through your area. I'm glad things are now going well for you!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Good to see you EL and AG95.

Congrats Brooke!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm still alive and kicking, just finished my third year of college. I'll graduate in Spring 2021 with a Bachelors degree in History and Government. In Feb. 2018, I started a part time job at my college as a tutor, which has benefited me well.
    I've continued to work on developing a future in the field of academia- I've presented papers on Brexit twice at the state's annual political science conference, and will do another on a similar topic again this year. For history, I've presented a paper on Burt Reynolds and the American South in popular culture during the 1970s (the relationship between the 2). I'll probably switch to Jimmy Carter and his relationship with pop culture during his governorship/presidency. The more I do this, the more I like both fields and the academia field in general.
    Personally, I've had ups and downs, but overall, life is good. My health fluctuates, but it's not too bad. I've started a better diet and exercise back in November. I've lost 16 pounds, which is great for a 23 year old college student.
    I'll probably be moving to a city (about 50,000 population) for my last two years of school around August. Compared to the small town I live in, this is a big, scary, but necessary jump.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to post some over the summer break.

ETA: Forgot to say that my area was heavily impacted my Hurricane Michael back in October. It hit us as a Cat 3. It'll be a long time before we fully recover.
    Hi AG - So good to hear from you ! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing and how school was going. Wow, sounds like everything is right on track for you. Wishing you good luck and continued success.

My relatives in Panama City were heavily impacted by the Hurricane. It hit them as a Cat. 5. My cousin lost his house and the town suffered heavy damage. Hope you town in Georgia get the aid it needs to recover.

Good to see you back here, Kim! It's so gratifying to hear of your academic and personal success. 😊 I knew you'd make it happen! Wishing you continued success!!👍💖

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post

Well, hello there! Great to see you again, AG! Thanks for the update. Sounds like you've been really busy!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten