Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 1 of Roadies

Stuck on the Border

Default Season 1 of Roadies

Cameron Crowe's tv series about roadies is going ahead. It's filming in 2016 and will be shown towards the end of 2016.
    Created by Crowe, Roadies is an insider’s look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way. The series chronicles the rock world through the eyes of music’s unsung heroes and puts the spotlight on the backstage workers who put the show on the road while touring the United States for the successful arena-level group, The Staton-House Band. Kelly Curtis, Pearl Jam’s manager and a regular collaborator with Crowe, is also on board as producer and music supervisor.
    http://deadline.com/2015/10/cameron-...me-1201582180/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Almost Famous

This should be interesting - definitely going to keep my eye on this one!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I'm treating this as a Cameron Crowe thread, as his new show, "Roadies" will be out soon. Here's something about the preview:
    Mingling with the cast was none other than music titan manager Irving Azoff, who is one of the consultants on the show. Irving, who is known never to mince words, told me that show was, “Amazing, simply terrific. Cameron is just brilliant. Happy to be a part of this.” Azoff’s wife, the powerhouse Shelli, was with him and it’s not just a coincidence that Carla Gugino’s character, the tough lady of the road tour, is also smartly named Shelli.
    http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/06/07...r-shelli-azoff

Wasn't this the show Cameron Crowe was talking about having Glenn in there or guest starred?

OK. Found the article about Cameron casting Glenn in this show. Too bad it didn't happen.

http://www.avclub.com/article/read-c...es-glen-231109

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Wasn't this the show Cameron Crowe was talking about having Glenn in there or guest starred?
    Yes, he wanted Glenn to play the manager, "Preston". However, I can't see a character called "Preston" in the character list at imdb.

If you're in the US, the first episode is available to watch (legitimately) online.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwYCA7dbqJ8

Also, the actor who plays the tour manager, researched the role by talking to the Eagles road manager and the Fleetwood Mac road manager.

They all said, "You have to have the answer and even if you don't know the answer sometimes you job is to make your guy think that he thought of the solution!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5YqMelT0RI
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 06-13-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've been thinking of checking out this show since I love Cameron's movies, I like some of the actors in it, and I knew he was wanting Glenn to play the band's manager. IMDB usually isn't updated accurately till the press releases for each episode comes out or after it airs, but it's possible Cameron changed the character's name too. I do know Cameron's got a lot of musicians guest starring including Lindsey Buckingham as himself.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Ooh! Lindsey B. is going to be a tv? Where and when?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Not sure which episode it is yet NMB. "Roadies" does premiere on Showtime on the 26th and it'll be a 10 episode season, so hopefully we'll find out more soon.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I've been thinking of checking out this show since I love Cameron's movies, I like some of the actors in it, and I knew he was wanting Glenn to play the band's manager. IMDB usually isn't updated accurately till the press releases for each episode comes out or after it airs, but it's possible Cameron changed the character's name too. I do know Cameron's got a lot of musicians guest starring including Lindsey Buckingham as himself.
    "Preston" is mentioned in one of the preview clips. I wonder if he's a character that people talk about but who never appears on-screen. It has me thinking of Cameron's description of his first meeting with the Eagles an how Glenn wasn't there but his name kept coming up and finally, Glenn swept into the room. With "Roadies", the idea may have been to have "Preston" as an absent character that everyone talks about but we don't see for weeks and then he finally turns up and it's.... Glenn Frey!