Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 1 of Roadies

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Almost Famous

Oh cr*p, it's premium cable. I'll have to wait for the DVD.

P.S. I never saw Lindsey on SNL either. Apparently he once made an appearance as a guest on "What's Up with That?"

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

UTW, that would've been a great idea and I would've loved that. Would fit too with how it seems like now Cameron's based a character off of Glenn in almost every movie he's made. We knew about Russell in "Almost Famous", then Glenn played the coach character in "Jerry Maguire", and Cameron confirmed he based Mike Damone in "Fast Times" off Glenn in that tribute article in Rolling Stone and I now wonder about "Say Anything" (as it's my favorite of Cameron's movies). It will be interesting to see if they did choose a different actor or if that character will still be just spoken off but not shown.

We lucked out with a couple months free of Showtime since we had a technical issue with our tv company, so I can watch most of the season. Our free trial does end in August so I think I won't get to watch the final 2 or 3 episodes till a DVD release but I'm hoping Lindsey's episode is still while we have it.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 06-14-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

"Roadies" did recast Preston with Brian Benben. He debuted in the 2nd episode and looks to be recurring from the trailer I saw for the rest of the season. Lindsey was also in the trailer but still don't know when his episode airs yet. The show's not too bad but it doesn't have the same feel as Cameron's movies.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

Lindsey is guest starring on Showtime's series Roadies tomorrow, and his live performance of "Big Love" will be featured on its soundtrack.

See a preview here:

http://zap2it.com/2016/07/roadies-fl...d-to-love-her/

ETA: "Big Love" again. Sigh. However, I hear on the Mac fanboards that there will be a lot of other songs featured on the show, including instrumental versions of rarities like "Think About Me."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I've just found out that Roadies is available with Amazon Prime UK (included in the subscription).

In the US, you have to have a Showtime subscription to watch it. You can't even pay to watch an individual episode; you have to purchase the entire subscription wholesale even if you just want to see one thing.

And they wonder why people look for "alternate" sources...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm glad it's tonight's episode and we're luckily getting a free preview of Showtime till the end of next month so I can see it. I watched the other 2 eps and while I've loved most of Cameron's movies it just doesn't feel the same with the show even though I like some of the cast. Will watch tonight but probably won't after that.
    ~*Amanda*~

Default Season 1 of Roadies

I just saw this on facebook.

If you have Showtime, Glenn's daughter Taylor is on this week's episode of Roadies. Also Lindsey is in this episode too. The episode is called The Bryce Newman Letter. Her character name is Cassie. She's the love interest of Luke Wilson's character.

That was a surprised. I usually record this show, but I probably wouldn't had known that was Taylor when I was watching.

I saw the debut of the character Preston. I could definitely see Glenn in this role. The character wasn't on tonight's episode that much. One scene and that was it. Now Lindsey had a lot of air time.

Here's a post from Twitter.

Roadies ‏@SHO_Roadies 54m54 minutes ago #FunFact: Cassie is played by the daughter of the late Glenn Frey. #SHORoadies #Eagles
    https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies/stat...23704340615168

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn's daughter, Taylor guest starred on tonight's episode of Roadies

I've just watched it and I'm not sure what to say. I wish I hadn't known who it was before I watched because then I could have seen it without thoughts of "Does she look like her mother or her father?"

She acquitted herself well - warm and natural - and doesn't come across as awkward stunt-casting. It seems wrong to be so focused on how she looks, but this wasn't a part that allowed for range of acting. I was looking forward to seeing more of her later in the show, in part, to see if the camera loves her. That's because lookwise she's not a conventional "pretty girl", she's more interesting than that. She has a great smile, like her mother, but the angles of her face show something of her father. I wanted to see if it worked on screen.

It's a cable show and Taylor provide this week's nudity quotient. It's tastefully shot.

"Preston" makes his second brief appearance. It's a part Glenn could have played but a bit "meh" without that frission of it being a cameo by a big name. Glenn would have done more for the part than the part would have done for him.

Default Re: Glenn's daughter, Taylor guest starred on tonight's episode of Roadies

OMG Cassie was Taylor!!!! I had no idea that was her. I actually really liked her character and kept thinking the actress playing her looked familiar but I thought it was an actress I've seen on another TV show/movie. She did really well (especially since I thought it was an actress I'd seen before) and I liked her scenes with Luke Wilson, and especially at the end of the episode because it felt somewhat like that iconic scene from Cameron's "Say Anything". LOL

Lindsey did really great too in his scenes. I've been having issues with the show as it wasn't living up to my expectations with me loving most of Cameron's films, but last night's wasn't too bad. I do like Luke, Carla, Imogen, and Rafe in the cast but still don't think it's enough for me to keep watching. I agree I could've seen Glenn as Preston too.
    ~*Amanda*~