Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Season 1 of Roadies

Default Re: Glenn's daughter, Taylor guest starred on tonight's episode of Roadies

Here is a short clip from the episode don't know who the girl is in the glasses perhaps someone who watched the whole show can help us out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrVhh1DGDA

Default Re: Glenn's daughter, Taylor guest starred on tonight's episode of Roadies

She's the band's craze fan. Stalker. She suppose to not get into the building, but she seem to always find a way to get in especially backstage.

Stuck on the Border

The girl with glasses is a stalker and a recurrent character.

I'm not sure of the purpose of the Cassie character, other than possibly a source of friction between the Nill and Shelli (tour and production manager respectively) in their will-they-won't-they non-romance.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I agree about that episode of Roiadies having more of a Cameron Crowe feel (although I think I saw it was directed by someone else). It had a kind of sweetness and gentle humour.

Thanks!! I was wondering if that was a recurring role I think the show looks really interesting going to see if I can subscribe to Showtime! I think Taylor probably had a blast being cast in the show I wonder if we will see more of her.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd

Cameron Crowe did just a great tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd last night in the latest episode of his show "Roadies"!!! All the characters spent the whole episode on a bus ride so the Phil character (Ron White) finally told them the story of how he met Ronnie and started touring with the band and we got to see the flashbacks. It was such a great episode and the actor who played Ronnie did a great job. Some of the stories were true and they used footage from actual Skynyrd concerts, but Cameron did also write in that story of what happened with Irving and the Eagles with the drugs at the airport but made it about Phil instead. The relationship Cameron wrote about Ronnie & Phil felt so much like how he wrote Russell & William's in "Almost Famous" and we know that was based off Cameron & Glenn's real life friendship, so when Phil talked about Ronnie dying and how hard it was to lose one of his close friends & mentors it hit me that I think Cameron was also talking about Glenn and I got teary eyed. It was such a great episode.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd

I don't know a lot about Lynyrd Skynyrd (apart from the plane crash and the two most famous songs), but I enjoyed it. They were more convincing than Vinyl's "Led Zeppelin" and I loved the swagger as they walked out of a hotel together.

I made the Eagles connection with the customs, although I'm sure every band had its own customs story.

Default Season 1 of Roadies

I was looking at my guide on my tv and Roadies season finale is tonight and they were going to have a ton of famous stars on their show. I know Jackson Browne is one of them, but I can't remembered the others.

As I was reading the info on the episode. Here's what it says.

A lineup of rock stars, celebrities, and icons are present at a special tribute to a rock n roll icon at the Forum in Inglewood, CA.
    Made me think of Glenn since his memorial service was at the Forum. Maybe Cameron had Glenn in mind for that episode.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 09-03-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I was going to wait to post about tonight's episode of "Roadies" till after it aired but they killed off one of the characters unexpectedly last week and when I saw the preview and episode description I immediately thought of Glenn. There's been so many references to the Eagles and Glenn, as well as the other bands Cameron toured with in the 70s, and it made me wonder if Cameron is writing some of this because of it. I had posted too how the Lynyrd Skynyrd flashback episode felt almost exactly like "Almost Famous" too. I'm so glad I stuck with this show and looking forward to watching the finale tonight and seeing who all ends up appearing.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I had read after Glenn died, I hate typing that , that Crowe had called to offer him a part on Roadies but he was too ill to accept. Sad