Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Season 1 of Roadies

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by LovinGlennGirl View Post
    I had read after Glenn died, I hate typing that , that Crowe had called to offer him a part on Roadies but he was too ill to accept. Sad
    Yeah, he wanted Glenn to play the fictional band's manager Preston. After seeing the character I can totally see why and Glenn playing that part. It would've made those scenes really funny.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

So many things in that final Roadies episode.

From the obvious -
    - when Bill introduces Shelli to the real-life Shelli Azoff, he says that Don Henley calls The Forum "The house that Shelli built".
    - in the introduction, the camera pans across a plaque signed by the Eagles.

Remembering that the Eagles were the first act to play at the revamped Forum, in particular, when two of the characters are standing on the roof and I'm thinking of that giant rotating HC disc.

Of course, whenever I see Jackson Browne, I think of the Eagles.

Greg Leisz performed with Jackson Browne and I thought of Glenn's Route 66 video because he plays on that.

As already said, a memorial at The Forum is a sad reminder.

Maybe it's a stretch, but I began to wonder if there was anything of Glenn in Phil. I can't tell because that's a side of Glenn that we only hear of occasionally.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I totally agree UTW and I was emotional as well from all of it,. There was so much of Glenn and the Eagles in this episode, especially seeing the photo of them at the Forum. I did notice Phil had a thing for nicknaming people, which we know Glenn did as well. I loved the scene where Kelly Ann finally got her nickname and finding out from Phil's son (who I think actually is Ron's son) what it meant and that Phil knew bright things were coming for her future. I'd hate to say this but with the show being low rated and Showtime's treatment of their shows lately I do feel like this will work as a series finale and I will miss it, but it ended really well if that's the case.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

It was a good episode. IT was cool to see a picture of the Eagles and then their autographs. I didn't expect to see that, but I kinda had a feeling. I think Cameron that picture of the Eagles first for a reason. I loved seeing all the names of every performer that played at the Forum. I wonder where that is located in the building.

I missed the scene of Bill introducing Shelli to Shelli Azoff. I did see her name in the end credits, but I think I was in the kitchen washing dishes when that scene came on.

As I was watching the episode, my mind wander to Glenn's memorial service. Did they have anything playing(different pictures of Glenn) on the screen. What everybody wore? Other than the people we saw was there, who else was there. I had all that stuff going on in my head.

I don't know when Cameron did the taping for this episode, but it definitely a feel of Glenn in that episode.

Stuck on the Border

I can't believe I missed the photo! I was watching on a small tablet and I couldn't make out who was in the photo. I assumed it was Led Zeppelin or The Who.
    The dressing rooms look really plush. Quit a step up from those sports team changing rooms that they started out in.

For those who can't get Roadies:

Last edited by UndertheWire; 08-29-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I wish I could have watched this. I wonder if we can get it online? Will look around.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I wish I could have watched it also. We don't have Showtime. I appreciate the posted pics, thanks.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This sounds like a show I would really enjoy - apparently some of you others did too. We've had so much discussion about it, maybe it deserved its own thread.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Default Season 1 Finale of Roadies

Hi Everyone
    This is my first time creating a thread here, but did anyone watch the Season 1 finale of Roadies last night. The synopsis was a rock legend being paid tribute with a memorial at the LA Forum. I don't want to give away too much but there were many Eagles references and a few cameos by friends of the Eagles such as Shelly Azoff and Jackson Browne. I wonder if this tribute was Cameron's tribute to Glenn. If you haven't see it, please do.

Default Re: Season 1 Finale of Roadies

Wow - it sounds like it was. I'll have to check it out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten