Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comfort from Glenn and the guys

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Janette, I too am so sorry to hear this news, but will be praying and sending good vibes your way. If you ever need to vent or a someone to listen that has been through something similar, please don't hesitate to PM me.
    Hugs!!!
    I accept the hug with thanks and may well take you up on our offer of PM-ing at some point. Somehow it is often easier to talk online than with my very concerned friends and family who are feeing overwhelmed and more scared than I am at present.

warmest wishes and thanks.

Janette

Stuck on the Border

This is terrible, Janette. I wish you all the best.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Janette, I hope that your cancer is in its early stages, so that it's easier to cure it or at least put it in remission. I wish you the best.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by JanetteG View Post
    I accept the hug with thanks and may well take you up on our offer of PM-ing at some point. Somehow it is often easier to talk online than with my very concerned friends and family who are feeing overwhelmed and more scared than I am at present.

warmest wishes and thanks.

Janette
    No thanks needed. My family, especially some members, mean well, but can be overbearing and their anxiety and constant questions caused me to stress even more, so I completely get it.

Take it day by day and remember if you don't feel like talking to anyone regarding MD visits, how you are feeling,etc., then don't. This is not the time to be worrying about etiquette and concerned about being rude about not calling people back in a timely manner. It is time to take care of you and make that the priority, as you probably already know.

PM me anytime. I usually hop on here once a day. I know you are probably bombarded with family, friends, and the whole situation so I won't message you now, but please know that I am always happy to listen. If regular email works better, I am happy to share that too.

Sending you lots of healing energy and keeping you in my prayers.

Cathy

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Best wishes Janette for a speedy and complete recovery.

Stuck on the Border

Jannete, I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you will soon be on the road to recovery.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Best wishes Janette, hope you recover soon.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..

Out on the Border

Default Comfort from Glenn and the guys

Hello Everyone,

I started this little thread because I posted the news of my health issues on the "Glenn Gone but Not Forgotten" thread. It did not seem right to go on posting there so here is a little anecdote. And also this is a way of saying thanks to all of you for your very sweet messages. I never thought I'd be comforted by an "Annoying Twit" but there you go!

Anyway, I am going through all the usual, horrible hospital visits. Last week, I went to the Head and Neck dept where there were a lot of gloomy looking people waiting. However, this hospital in Oxford has made an effort and there is a pretty garden. I went and sat by the french windows to be near it and took out my laptop which I'd had the good sense to bring. It turns out the wifi worked very well. So I decided to go visit my old pals, The Eagles. I put my earphones in and went to a Youtube performance of gorgeous Glenn singing "Peaceful, Easy Feeling." It's the clip where he is here in the UK, wearing the green sweater and looking so young and sexy. That calmed me down quite a bit, so I decided to go to something a bit funkier and went to another clip of "Witchy Woman". By then I was starting to bop up and down in my seat and the other patients were looking perplexed. I was sort of annoyed when the doctor called me in because I was headed off to the "Hotel California".

much love to you all.

Default Re: Comfort from Glenn and the guys

Good luck with your hospital tests today JanetteG - glad to see that the boys bring comfort to us no matter where we are. Keep smiling
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"