Quote Originally Posted by Vector
Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I'm moving these posts to one of those threads.

Vector, I don't know how familiar you are with message boards, but it's bad form to ignore threads other people have started on a topic and instead resurrect one you started three years ago to discuss a matter.
I must say that I do not believe I did anything inappropriate or in bad form. My posts you moved were not exclusively related to the thread you have placed them in.
Instead they were part of my overall theme in the thread I started discussing how I went from straight up fan, to being disillusioned with all the infighting/politics/backbiting etc.

If I were to use your suggested criteria, mentioning Frey's passing in two parts of my post would require me to go look up threads about it, and post those snippets there. Then the same would be true about the Kennedy Honors aspect, and so on.
I suspect if that were enforced/required of every post, the board would not be functional, and the moderators overwhelmed looking for various threads to insert posts that most closely matched the theme of the thread.

Additionally, the part where I pointed out how all of them being reunited could go a long way to healing the fans perception of them, would need to be put into the thread I started about being unhappy with them.

Now I could be wrong, but if I were to have had a change of heart and wanted to say my view of Frey & Henley had changed, you wouldn't object to it being a tidy ending to my thread which is mostly critical of them.
However if my view hasn't changed, and more importantly has hardened when various things occur, I see no reason to have to parcel out individual aspects of my displeasure into various threads that may be related.

Sure if all I want to discuss is the Kennedy awards, I believe you would be correct. But I wished to discuss other things that have happened that reinforce my displeasure with some of the members and their decisions. It is the totality of it all, not the individual parts.
I really don't see why that should be frowned upon and/or prohibited.

I suspect certain posters may not like my opinion, but that is hardly a reason
to prevent me from discussing my viewpoint in a thread based on my various observations.
Actually, it's bad form to resurrect such a hideously old thread in a message board regardless of content. Google it.

This thread is about the KCH, however, so if you disagree with the way I have organized the posts, you may complain at even greater length via PM.