Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    That's a crude post WW. ...and people are complaining about and posting rude remarks from fans on Felder's site? Looks like it goes both ways.

I don't get people being Eagle fans and speaking disparagingly about any of the members?
    I agree. That was rude and unnecessary WW.

I rarely post or visit this site anymore, as I feel there is a double standard.

You fit right in as long as you worship Frey or Henley, but Heaven forbid Felder comes up, you're likely going to get ripped up one side and down the other.

It's starting to become cruel.

Default Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I don't find it helpful to get upset over something over which I have no control.
    Neither is it helpful to get upset over what complete strangers say in the comments section on Felder's Facebook page, another thing over which we have no control. However, because we are humans and not robots, we are going to be upset when we believe something is unfair and unjust, especially when it comes at the expense of people we love and admire. It would be helpful to be able express these emotions, especially in a forum titled "Former Eagles," without tacitly being told to shut up about it.

It stands to reason those of us who are disappointed by this will move on and get over it. It is hardly the crisis of the century. What is NOT helpful is being told to get over it all the while pouring salt into the wound by referring to the petition as pointless or childish, or nothing more than a vehicle to "defeat" Henley or Frey.

No doubt many people signed the petition knowing it would not effect any real change, but we did it to make our voices heard and to stand up for three people we believe to be to be very talented musicians--singers, songwriters, instrumentalists--who played their own substantial roles in the success of the band and are part of the reason why the band made such a cultural impact. At the very least it did raise awareness and helped remind people that yes, indeed, there were 3 other Eagles and they still matter to a whole lot of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    That's a crude post WW. ...and people are complaining about and posting rude remarks from fans on Felder's site? Looks like it goes both ways.

I don't get people being Eagle fans and speaking disparagingly about any of the members?
    I don't get why people who dislike Don Felder so much go to his/former Eagles thread at all. It's one thing to vent, but the nitpicking that goes on...even the way he smiles gets slammed. Same for those who don't care about the former members...what's the point of coming to the "Former Members" forum just to repeat what's already been said elsewhere? It's like those of us who are fans of the former members need to be put in our place or something. I'm beginnng to understand VillageGirl's position.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    I agree. That was rude and unnecessary WW.

I rarely post or visit this site anymore, as I feel there is a double standard.

You fit right in as long as you worship Frey or Henley, but Heaven forbid Felder comes up, you're likely going to get ripped up one side and down the other.

It's starting to become cruel.
    No. What's cruel is to continuously try to interject yourself into situations with people who clearly want nothing to do with you, and are still mourning the loss of their friend and colleague. Glenn died ? Well !! Why wasn't I invited to his funeral so that I could honor him ? Kennedy Center Honors ? Well !! I deserve it as much as everyone else !! So what I sued them ? So what they can't even call me by my first name ? I demand to be there, and I will start a petition to make sure I get there !! Yeah, not cruel at all.

He clearly doesn't care if he's hurting Cindy and the kids. He clearly doesn't care if he's hurting the band, their families, and other loved ones. He wants his accolades, his pats on the back. He even made sure to boo hoo on the HOTE DVD, so that everyone would feel bad for poor widdle Don. You don't see Randy or Bernie pubically making a stink about it. That's because they have respect and are willing to accept the fact that they will not be honored. He's a disgrace, and should be ashamed of himself for acting like a selfish jerk. If he really wants to honor Glenn he should keep his mouth shut, and go quietly into the night.

Border Desperado

By cruel, I wasn't referring to the treatment of Felder by the Eagles or the public.. I was referring to those of us on here who have an appreciation for all 7 Eagles and at times feel ostracized when we go to discuss them in the appropriate former member threads, yet still people have to join in to make nasty, unwarranted comments.

Your rage is somewhat out of control and until you can get your emotions in check and act dignified, I have no interest in conversing with you. I feel sorry for you. I really do.

If fans want to vent about this, I understand it, and I apologize that my post about the ineffectiveness of the petition and my statement that people should move on came off as dismissive. Your feelings and opinions are valid and should be respected.

It's true that we should all avoid calling band members names, regardless of how frustrated we are with them.

I can understand the desire for a "safe zone" where no one disagrees with you. This thread is not going to be the place for that, though, because it's a very controversial subject.

Indeed, Felder is a controversial figure. That's why there's so much conflict and drama in this forum - there's practically none for Randy and even less for Bernie, but not so for Felder. People want to discuss his statements. They want to discuss his book, his interviews, his social media posts... all of which are controversial. Thus, what is said is not going to be universally positive. Far from it because as has been noted, emotions are very high.

Therefore, the demand that the entirety of the forum should be nothing but positive posts is an unrealistic one.

Perhaps we could start a thread entitled something like "Favorite Things About Don Felder" and I can make it clear from the outset that that particular thread is only for positive posts. How does that sound?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Therefore, the demand that the entirety of the forum should be nothing but positive posts is an unrealistic one.
    Agreed Soda.

I think it would be nice if everyone kept from making snide remarks about any member or especially a poster but keeping certain people from posting in a certain section or trying to control them and their comments isn't a good solution and is counterproductive.

There are nk Safe Spaces on the internet. Juilian Assange proved that lol.

I have seen far worse on other boards and thats why I am here alot of forums lack respect and integrity but this is the one exception and I would like to keep it like that. This by far one of he best forums on the internet.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    By cruel, I wasn't referring to the treatment of Felder by the Eagles or the public.. I was referring to those of us on here who have an appreciation for all 7 Eagles and at times feel ostracized when we go to discuss them in the appropriate former member threads, yet still people have to join in to make nasty, unwarranted comments.

Your rage is somewhat out of control and until you can get your emotions in check and act dignified, I have no interest in conversing with you. I feel sorry for you. I really do.
    I have no rage towards Felder. I pity him, really. His pathetic attempts at making himself relevant again warrant it. I'm sure I'll be just fine without further conversation with you.

Border Rebel

Soda, that's a very generous offer and more than fair.

In this thread (and really any other one), it would be nice if people kept their comments (positive and negative) about the band members and not insult the board members for having the opinions that they hold.