Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Default Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If fans want to vent about this, I understand it, and I apologize that my post about the ineffectiveness of the petition and my statement that people should move on came off as dismissive. Your feelings and opinions are valid and should be respected.
    Thank you for this Soda; thanks for understanding.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Yes, thank you very much Soda. It is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    There are nk Safe Spaces on the internet. Juilian Assange proved that lol.

I have seen far worse on other boards and thats why I am here alot of forums lack respect and integrity but this is the one exception and I would like to keep it like that. This by far one of he best forums on the internet.
    Aw. Thank you so much!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    I agree. That was rude and unnecessary WW.

I rarely post or visit this site anymore, as I feel there is a double standard.

You fit right in as long as you worship Frey or Henley, but Heaven forbid Felder comes up, you're likely going to get ripped up one side and down the other.

It's starting to become cruel.
    Somethings never change!!!

Well, not only were the former Eagles not honored, they were not even acknowledged. While I figured it would be something of a miracle if their names were mentioned, I did think showing a few early pictures of the band would at least be some kind of nod, an admission that they existed.

That wasn't the case. The KCH seemed to take pains at making sure these 3 were shown as little as possible. They were cropped out of footage and pictures. There was one photo that showed the original 4; it was from the '73 Voorburg concert and the images of Glenn and Don were brightened while Randy and Bernie's were darker. There was a photo from the '74 California Jam that showed a view from behind; you can see the back of Henley's head as well as Glenn's and Bernie's. That's it. Don Felder fared worse. There was one picture of him where he's onstage at the '77 Capital Center concert with the others; it's a side view of his face. Of course, these images were shown quickly.

This was so disappointing. A person totally new to the band could see this and surmise that the early Eagles were nothing more than Frey and Henley and a couple of anonymous backing musicians. So misleading and so dishonest. This was a letdown by the KCH who I suppose were embarrassed by the petition. Or maybe they were under strict orders by Henley and Azoff to do it this way. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Now that this is over, I am hopeful this Revisionism that's been going on for awhile will fall by the wayside, as new and younger fans come to discover this great BAND (not duo). Ok, rant over.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh my, that's terrible. I thought at least the contributions of the other members - what did you call them? The Three Who Must Not Be Named - would be acknowledged. Very unfortunate.

I too hope this attempt to rewrite history is not a sign of things to come.

Although I would have loved for them to be mentioned, I was not surprised that they were not what with all that has been said. But I was kind of surprised they did show glimpses of them in videos and pictures, I was not expecting any reference at all.

I do feel that the whole Eagles segment was rushed as someone mentioned elsewhere.

Stuck on the Border

I don't know what went on, but if the former members were totally ignored, that's sad and not cool IMO. Although it's probably fine by Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I don't know what went on, but if the former members were totally ignored, that's sad and not cool IMO. Although it's probably fine by Bernie.
    Chaim, here is a video showing the photo montage from the ceremony so you can decide for yourself. Hopefully you can access it. There's a picture of the OOTN lineup about 30 seconds in that I overlooked, plus a couple of others of Don F from the HC and LR tours. So it's a little better than I initially thought, but not by much.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xhfZMe53MnI

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It was a bit strange, so many photos and videos featuring just Don H and Glenn only, as if they were on their own.