Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

I vote for The Sad Cafe. I want to keep The Long Run alive for another round as it is my code name for my human bio class for grades.

The Sad Cafe

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    All those people who voted for TLR to try & save KOH - where are you?

Save The Sad Café! Vote for The Long Run. The Long Run has done nothing for me for years. I had a couple of good moments with Glenn while watching it live but that's all.

I vote for The Long Run.
    Can't speak for others, but I'm not casting another vote in this thread. I really don't care which song wins. Takes out a LOT of unnecessary anxieties that way.

Have fun, kiddies!
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I vote for I Can't Tell You Why. I think it's a great track, but I just like the three remaining songs a bit more. I'd love if it The Sad Café could survive, but I think it will probably go down this round, and if so I'd prefer TLR and HT to contest the final rather than ICTYW, although that is just my view.

I'll offer a few words in defence of The Long Run. I think it's an excellent track overall, but it has a great groove - as I think Don said in the Very Best Of liner notes, Glenn's rhythm guitar drives the song, and I also really like Tim's bass playing. I find it very rewarding to listen to it closely. I also think it's a great Don vocal - just the right amount of 'edge' - and I really like the lyrics, especially the 'all the debutants in Houston' line.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I vote for I Can't Tell You Why. I think it's a great track, but I just like the three remaining songs a bit more. I'd love if it The Sad Café could survive, but I think it will probably go down this round, and if so I'd prefer TLR and HT to contest the final rather than ICTYW, although that is just my view.

I'll offer a few words in defence of The Long Run. I think it's an excellent track overall, but it has a great groove - as I think Don said in the Very Best Of liner notes, Glenn's rhythm guitar drives the song, and I also really like Tim's bass playing. I find it very rewarding to listen to it closely. I also think it's a great Don vocal - just the right amount of 'edge' - and I really like the lyrics, especially the 'all the debutants in Houston' line.
    I haven't decided on my vote for this round yet, but I very much agree with everything you say about The Long Run, JCL. And absolutely love the way Don sings "all the debutantes in Houston, baby." The three times I've seen him perform it in Massachusetts, he's changed it to "all the debutantes in Boston, baby, couldn't hold a candle to you," which makes me smile. Also, love the way he fools around with Joe on the Farewell I DVD on that line!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I have my 2 favourites here so it's down to which of the other two to vote off this round. Therefore strategically voting I'm going to vote off 'I can't Tell you why' this round.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I like the Long Run. So I'm voting for The Sad Cafe.

I'm going with TLR again. I love this song but somebody has to go and ICTYW is a huge favorite for me and I also relate to the theme of SC better that TLR. It's hard to choose between great songs.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I vote for I Can't Tell You Why.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    All those people who voted for TLR to try & save KOH - where are you?
    I suspect some may have gotten guilt tripped over their strategizing.

I vote for The Long Run.