Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

I love The Long Run. It's that great Memphis R&B soul sound and I love the lyrics. I also adore that music video with Walsh and Felder on the Sunburst Les Pauls and Glenn on the Whiteguard Telecaster with Fender amps everywhere on the studio floor.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I love TLR and KOH so I'm voting for In The City but KOH will probably go this round - I'm still not over Those Shoes going so early in the game
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Okay, to avoid splitting the vote between TLR and ITC further I'll vote for The Long Run.

Voting for The Long Run would be the easier way to save King of Hollywood compared to just getting rid of In the City based on personal preference.

Save King of Hollywood / Vote The Long Run!

Border Troubadour

Vote retracted - disregard
    Last edited by thelastresort; 10-03-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Anyone wanting to save 'King of Hollywood' don't vote for a few minutes while I do some number-crunching. (I'll be as quick as I can.)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I wasn't sure before but now I know what I have to do...

I cast my vote for King of Hollywood.

I can't bear to see the title track go down this early!

SAVE THE LONG RUN / IN THE CITY. VOTE KING OF HOLLYWOOD!
    So far Soda you and I are thinking much alike in this Survivor!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I may could have been persuaded to join a coalition if In the City had been targeted. But, there is no way I want to see The Long Run eliminated – I love that song. King of Hollywood is a good song, but I don’t think it’s better than most of the other songs left in the game. I personally think it’s time for it to go and urge everyone to save The Long Run. So …

I cast my vote for King of Hollywood.

SAVE THE LONG RUN!
    VOTE FOR KING OF HOLLYWOOD!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Including me, there's eight of us wanting KOH to go further in this Survivor.
    Five of those have voted since declaring they were in favour of a coalition, so that leaves three still to vote.

So far this round KOH has 8 votes, plus 7 votes from previous rounds. In the event of a tie this round that totals 15
    In the city has 3 votes, plus 7 from previous rounds. In the event of a tie, that totals 10.
    The long run has 6 votes, plus 3 from previous rounds. Total of 9.

AlreadyGone voted for KOH last round, so I expect they will do the same this round, making KOH's total for this round 9.

Including the three of us who want to save KOH, there are a further 5 'previous' voters still to vote. Just depends how their votes go, but anyone wanting to save KOH has to vote 'The long run', in the hope that we can do a straight knock-out. Pity the most recent votes went to TLR because in a tie-break situation the pevious votes count and ItC had more.

IN HOPING TO SAVE THE KING OF HOLLYWOOD I THEREFORE VOTE FOR 'THE LONG RUN'

Border Troubadour

I hate to say this and it certainly isn't directed at anyone in particular but is it just me that's starting to get a bit miffed with all the heavily tactical voting and little cliques that are emerging within Survivors? It's just a bit of fun and in reality counts for absolutely nothing, but some seem to treat it like you see political parties doing, rounding up everyone that agrees with them to vote for this because heaven forbid a song may have run its course. I have obviously voted tactically in this game, but that was in the early days when we all knew three would go out instantly, it was just a question of in which order, none of this 'To save...' whatever in this round carry on. I retract my earlier vote in this round for King of Hollywood and will leave you all to it, I might return if it turns back into the good old fashioned free for all fun they usually are.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I hate to say this and it certainly isn't directed at anyone in particular but is it just me that's starting to get a bit miffed with all the heavily tactical voting and little cliques that are emerging within Survivors? It's just a bit of fun and in reality counts for absolutely nothing, but some seem to treat it like you see political parties doing, rounding up everyone that agrees with them to vote for this because heaven forbid a song may have run its course. I have obviously voted tactically in this game, but that was in the early days when we all knew three would go out instantly, it was just a question of in which order, none of this 'To save...' whatever in this round carry on. I retract my earlier vote in this round for King of Hollywood and will leave you all to it, I might return if it turns back into the good old fashioned free for all fun they usually are.

Cheers
    @TLR, if you want to vote for King of Hollywood, then that's completely fine. If KoH goes, then it goes. After it's gone, then I'll start voting based on what I feel about the rest of the songs. Do I really want to see The Long Run go this soon? No. And the same goes for In the City. In fact, I would have rather voted for The Sad Cafe because that song doesn't do much for me personally compared to what's left. I feel strongly enough about KoH to strategically vote, and I know that's the part that's turning you away from this game.

But hey, if you don't want to play Survivor this time around, then that's okay too. This is probably a moot point, but I just wanted to be clear that whatever you do is alright. I'm sure you already know that regardless of whatever I have to say. I apologize for making you feel unwelcome in this series of Survivor.