Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Cass County

Default Celebration of Cass County

Happy 1st Birthday to Cass County. This album is one of my favorites of Don. I'm so glad Don finally put it out after being on the shelf for 2 years.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of Cass County

Happy Birthday to Cass County!!! I love the album too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Happy first anniversary to Cass County. It doesn't seem like it's been a whole year since it's release. I think it's my favorite of Don's solo albums.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Happy 1st birthday to Cass County! It's one of my favourite Don albums and it's still going strong
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I'm a little behind on Cass County, just bought it a few days ago. I haven't listened to country music in so long that it was a bit of a shock to my system I'm embarrassed to say. But I persevered and continued to listen and after several times through, I'm liking it. So happy 1 year birthday Cass County.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Easily the best album Henley's ever done. "The Cost of Living" is a stand-out performance. I look forward to the next one.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Border Troubadour

Happy anniversary CC - it was worth the long wait!!

My favourites are 'A Younger Man' (how I'd love to hear Don sing this live - I think I'd faint though ) and 'There's a train in the distance' (it just gets me in the gut everytime I hear it)
    Save
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

It's now available to stream through Amazon Prime. The first time I listened, it was just 12 songs, but last night it had 16. I haven't bought the CD so this was my first time listening.

First time through, I had it on more as background and was pleasantly surprised. Second time, I was paying more attention and by the end it was beginning to drag a little (I didn't quite make it to the end). Possibly it was just my mood. Maybe the extra 4 songs was too much. I'm not used to country music and I'm not keen on Don's voice when it's strained (whereas I love it on the early Eagles albums). I'm not giving up, yet.

Border Troubadour

I will do a song by song breakdown when I have the time, but will say the first half of the album is a lot, lot stronger than the second. Still a fine album though, and I do still listen to a lot of the songs from it even a year after its release. Belated happy birthday CC!

Border Troubadour

I will say, if the four extra songs are the deluxe edition inclusions, then I only really rate The Brand New Tennessee Waltz. I think album does suffer slightly from Long Road Out of Eden Syndrome: if it had been a ten-song release of the best material it would have been a blinder, but for being in the format it is it does drag on.