Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Cass County

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Celebration of Cass County

A belated happy second birthday. A brilliant album that has something for everyone. My favourites are Bramble Rose, The Cost of Living, Waiting tables and WCBYH, but I happily listen to all of it. A fine effort on Don's behalf.

Happy 3rd Birthday to Cass County. One of my favorite albums from Don.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I just had a post come up in my newsfeed in Facebook - a memory of when I ran out and purchased it on the day of release! Happy birthday to Cass County!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO CASS COUNTY!!!

This is probably my least favorite of Don's solo albums simply because I'm not a huge fan of country music. But it's still a good album and I like that he collaborated with so many other artists to mix it up a bit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 4th Birthday to Cass County. I hope it doesn't take Don another 15 years to put out an album. He still promise us that R&B album.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I was just listening to it today!

Happy birthday Cass County!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 4th Birthday to Cass County. I hope it doesn't take Don another 15 years to put out an album. He still promise us that R&B album.
    Do you really think the R&B album will materialize?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was just listening to it today!

Happy birthday Cass County!

Do you really think the R&B album will materialize?
    Since this is Don. Nope , but I wouldn't be surprised if he squeezes out one more album before his voice is gone.

Border Troubadour

Happy birthday CC. I still remember the day this was released: time don't half go fast!

Still for me a mixed bag but there are a few blinders in there: Train in the Distance, Cost of Living, Waiting Tables, Praying for Rain...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY TO CASS COUNTY!!!

Since I'm not a huge country music fan, my favorite song on this album is No, Thank You because it is a bit more rockin' than the other tracks. I would love to see Don record an R&B album - I may be able to get into that a bit more.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 5th Birthday to Cass County.

I remembered how excited to finally get a new album from Don.