Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville, TN at the City Winery - Sept. 25, 2016

Default Nashville, TN at the City Winery - Sept. 25, 2016

The show was fantastic! Timothy was friendly, upbeat and fabulous! He and the band rocked! The songs were just killer in person! He got very quiet and said "there are a lot of songs I could sing...." but he wanted to sing the next one for Glenn. Timothy was on the stage by himself and sang Peaceful Easy Feeling. He seemed very emotional as were many in the crowd who gave him a standing ovation.
    I've got a pretty good set list, there's a couple I can't read so please help me get this right:
    One More Mile
    My Hat
    Feed the Fire
    Red Dirt Road
    Ella Jean
    White Boy From Sacramento
    Downtime
    Can't read the next 2, my pen faltered ugh
    Parachute
    It's Alright
    ??
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    ?
    Keep on Trying
    Friday Night
    I Refuse
    Secular Praise
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Encore:
    I Don't Want To Hear Any More
    Love Will Keep Us Live

I'm sure if I spend a little time thinking about it I'll puzzle out the songs I'm missing, but at this point my bed is calling my name so this is all for tonight. Pretty good for doing it one finger at a time on this tiny keyboard on my little phone hehe. Night all
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy B. Schmit in Nashville, TN at the City Winery - Sept. 25, 2016

Thank you so much Rcknalways!!! We need an admin to get this into the reviews thread, FP can you help?

I can't believe he sang PEF. Wow, I would love to hear that. It must have been so strange for him. I'm so pleased he decided to make a meaningful tribute to Glenn, not just talk about him. Singing PEF is a definite gesture. There are a lot of songs he could have chosen, I love that it is this one (and its in his vocal range, too)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy B. Schmit in Nashville, TN at the City Winery - Sept. 25, 2016

I'd love to hear him sing Peaceful Easy Feeling, especially if it's a stripped down version like on the MTV "second night".

Thank you for the review. If Tim makes it to the UK, I'm there!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Aww that's so great did PEF!!! I'd love to hear that too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thank you for posting about the concert rcknalwy"s. That was a big gesture by Timothy to sing PEF! I would have bawled through the whole thing. Looks like a great set list. Wish I could have been there.

It's really a shame that Dreamer & Soda weren't able to be there.

rckn, I'm glad Timothy's show was so moving and impressive. Thank you for making the time to post your wonderful review for us when it had to have been a long day for you. Big hugs.

I can't wait till it's my turn to see him in person. I'm practicing "keeping it classy." LOL...

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Default Re: Nashville, TN at the City Winery - Sept. 25, 2016

I met someone there who has a couple of 30 second snips of PEF that I'll try to post. As soon as I figure out how that is lol.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys View Post
    I met someone there who has a couple of 30 second snips of PEF that I'll try to post. As soon as I figure out how that is lol.
    Awesome. Thank you so much.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The show sounds wonderful, rckn! Thanks so much for you comments! I would love to hear Timothy's PEF. What a sweet gesture from him to remember Glenn with that.

And I'm so sorry that Soda and Dreamer didn't get to go!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Sunday's concert in Nashville was incredible! The set list was a well balanced mix of songs from his current and past albums as well as his Eagle's solos. His tribute to Glenn was very fitting and sincere.

His choice of musicians for this tour was excellent. Hank Linderman was great on guitar and the three ladies singing backup added another dimension. They were awesome on The White Boy from Sacramento!

The City Winery is an excellent venue and we were seated in the second row of seats in the center so we had a perfect view. We struck around after the show and had a chance to talk to Hank and we were able to get a set list and a guitar pick. Bobby Carlos was generous enough to take our CD back to have Timothy sign it. I had previously downloaded the album on iTunes but purchased the CD at City winery for $15. I heard they only had 50 copies there and that they sold out.

I noticed after the show that one fan snagged his huge water bottle that he had sitting on the stool and was drinking during the show - don't know if she intended to drink it or enshrine it!

Anyway here are a few photos from the performance.