Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Border Desperado

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

Felder adopt the name of the band...for real.. did someone actually suggest than
    T and another person say that he would be sued if he did it. That whole scenario is ludicrous...just another example of people trying to throw a jab Felder's way.

Don H said it ain't happening. I'm taking from that that the Eagles (past/present) will all continue to perform as solo artists because they love music and performing it. Don H, Joe and Don F. all have toured a lot this year and have plans for 2017. I think Timothy has done some shows to promote his recent release too. Joe has a book in the works, Felder has another album in the works, so everyone is still performing and we can hear Eagles songs at anyone of those individual's shows. I don't know if Randy or Bernie will or would be back performing.

The age difference between Deacon and The Eagles is too vast to imagine that they would be working together, other than just a charity event or a tribute show. I don't even know if Deacon is a professional musician or if he has plenty of his own plans for life.

The Eagles records, CDs, DVDs will continue to sell and their music will still dominate the Classic Rock stations. We'll always have them, but just in a different way.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

Whatever Jackson Browne thinks about this issue is totally irrelevant IMO.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-01-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Whatever Jackson Browne thinks about this issue is totally irrelevant IMO.
    That's true, Chaim.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Agree!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Felder adopt the name of the band...for real.. did someone actually suggest than
    T and another person say that he would be sued if he did it. That whole scenario is ludicrous...just another example of people trying to throw a jab Felder's way.

Don H said it ain't happening. I'm taking from that that the Eagles (past/present) will all continue to perform as solo artists because they love music and performing it. Don H, Joe and Don F. all have toured a lot this year and have plans for 2017. I think Timothy has done some shows to promote his recent release too. Joe has a book in the works, Felder has another album in the works, so everyone is still performing and we can hear Eagles songs at anyone of those individual's shows. I don't know if Randy or Bernie will or would be back performing.

The age difference between Deacon and The Eagles is too vast to imagine that they would be working together, other than just a charity event or a tribute show. I don't even know if Deacon is a professional musician or if he has plenty of his own plans for life.

The Eagles records, CDs, DVDs will continue to sell and their music will still dominate the Classic Rock stations. We'll always have them, but just in a different way.
    Funk 50 said Henley would want to continue the 'vacant' name to prevent Felder taking it over. 'Another person' (that's me) said if Felder tried that I thought he would be sued. I don't know who owns the name, but I doubt it is Felder. This is not a 'jab' at Felder at least by me. I agree that the scenario is ludicrous.

Banned

I suspect part of the legal settlement was that Felder couldn't use the Eagles name but if the Eagles are no more, who would be responsible for challenging Felder?

This really is tenuous speculation but who is going to spend time, money and energy fighting over something that has no future. Didn't Roger Waters lose Pink Floyd to David Gilmore in such a case. Felder is currently the, go to, ex Eagle if you want to hear Eagles tunes live in concert.

I'm pretty sure that adding the word "Eagles" to your billing could add a few zeros to the size of your paycheck. I know very little about retiring band names but I'm guessing that it's not as straight forward as protagonists would like it to be.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 12-02-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Sigh.... when Waters left Pink Floyd Gilmour, Wright & Mason were still in the band. If there was a dispute over the name I'm not aware of the details. However.... for one person who was fired from the Eagles 16 years ago to think he could possibly bill himself as 'Eagles' or anything similar when he would be the only ex-member taking part, is ridiculous. He is already routinely referred to as 'former Eagle'. He doesn't need to include the band name in his billing.

Who would challenge him? Henley & Azoff and perhaps Frey's estate. Logical, surely. You ask why they would fight it? Why would they NOT?

Oh, and you seem to have conveniently forgotten that you can hear Eagles songs if you see Henley in concert.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Completely agree, Fp. I'm sure Don and Irving would take care of that.

And yes, Felder would not be who I would go see to hear Eagles songs. He sang one during his career with them! Don Henley would certainly fill that bill!

Good grief!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

My thoughts about Felder's "sense of himself" are well known in this forum, but even I don't see even a remotest possibility that he would ever even consider entertaining the idea of possibly calling his act "Eagles". As for Pink Floyd, Wright wasn't in the band at that point, but Gilmour and Mason certainly were so there's nothing to compare.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-03-2016 at 03:09 AM.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    My thoughts about Felder's "sense of himself" are well known in this forum, but even I don't see even a remotest possibility that he would ever even consider entertaining the idea of possibly calling his act "Eagles". As for Pink Floyd, Wright wasn't in the band at that point, but Gilmour and Mason certainly were so there's nothing to compare.
    Totally agree with this. With regard to Pink Floyd, I fortunately happen to have Mark Blake's Pink Floyd book Pigs Might Fly to hand so I had a check of the mid-1980s section. I found this passage especially interesting:

As just one shareholder of the company Pink Floyd Music, Waters needed Gilmour and Mason's agreement to dismiss [the band's long serving manager, Steve] O'Rourke. They refused, as in their eyes, Pink Floyd was still a going concern, and they wished to retain Steve as their manager. They also believed that dismissing him would strengthen Water's position in dissolving the group (they later turned down Roger's proposal to fire O'Rourke in exchange for him allowing them to continue using the Pink Floyd name).
    From this, you can see that Pink Floyd had a company that was their own equivalent of Eagles Ltd, Pink Floyd Music Ltd, which was founded in the early 1970s. Don Felder is in exactly the same position as Rick Wright was at this point in time - a former member who had been fired from the band, and therefore had no say in the name dispute. Rick Wright would have been powerless to stop Waters dissolving Pink Floyd if he'd objected, rather than Gilmour and Mason. It's not as simple a case as just adopting a name, especially not for such a big band. The same would be true in the unlikely scenario of Bernie or Randy using the Eagles name. Also, there is a difference between dissolving a band and simply not being active - there was a very good reason why the final Waters Floyd album was called 'The Final Cut'. By contrast, while it's quite possible the Eagles have played together for the last time, there doesn't seem to be any hurry to actually disband.