Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews and Comments about Timothy's album "Leap of Faith"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Reviews and Comments about Timothy's album "Leap of Faith"

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Ooh, I wonder if it is about one of his kids and that kid's troubles with substance abuse and legal issues? Or another relative? It sounds like he's drawing boundaries in a relationship, refusing to get involved or sucked in to the other person's issues.
    I was thinking more about the Felder-Frey issues - there's the line "I feel the call of the big divide between hatred and healing". It doesn't sound like a parent to a child, to me, whereas "You're So Wild" sounds like the classic parent worrying but trying not to tell him how to live his life.

I'm impressed by the lyrics.

I haven't seen that one Freypower. I'm not against the swearing, just seemed funny to me because he is always so gentle sounding.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - This week I finally got around to looking for Leap of Faith. I tried both Best Buy and Walmart and didn't have any luck at either place. Those are the two best bets for new releases in my area, so I went ahead and ordered it online. Even though they charged me over $8.00 in shipping, there is no arrival date being given so I'm not sure how long it'll take to get it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I had trouble preordering from the website but when I couldn't find it locally after release, I took another shot. Everything went fine. I don't have a good idea about how long it took because mine came through Jacksonville and was held up by the recent hurricane.

Banned

As I posted earlier, I've been attempting to type out the lyrics to Leap Of Faith to help me familiarize myself with the album. I'll be happy to post them all here, once I'm done.

If there are no objections, rather than dump all the lyrics in the same thread, I thought it'd be better, particularly for reference purposes, to give each track it's own thread. I'd feel a lot more comfortable doing that with a few words of approval from the mods and/or other posters.

Apart from transcribing the official lyric video for Red Dirt Road, I'm still working by ear. I'm gonna spend sometime trying to buy an, over the counter, copy of Leap Of Faith before I give up and order it on line so I'd be most grateful if anyone could help with following lines that I'm still struggling with before I start copying and pasting.... and commenting.

I Refuse
    1st verse
    Is the summer rain "Smashing" or "splashing"?
    What follows "staying in the here and now"
    3rd verse
    What line follows "I don't know what makes you so mad"?

The Island
    The verse that begins with "Umbrella drink"
    What comes between "Ocean and "Moonlight"?

This Waltz
    During the first and last chorus,
    What line follows "Let's take to the floor and give it our all"?

I'm not saying the rest of the lyrics are 100% on the nail but they've passed my pedantry standards.

RSVP ASAP
    Many thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    As I posted earlier, I've been attempting to type out the lyrics to Leap Of Faith to help me familiarize myself with the album. I'll be happy to post them all here, once I'm done.

If there are no objections, rather than dump all the lyrics in the same thread, I thought it'd be better, particularly for reference purposes, to give each track it's own thread. I'd feel a lot more comfortable doing that with a few words of approval from the mods and/or other posters.

Apart from transcribing the official lyric video for Red Dirt Road, I'm still working by ear. I'm gonna spend sometime trying to buy an, over the counter, copy of Leap Of Faith before I give up and order it on line so I'd be most grateful if anyone could help with following lines that I'm still struggling with before I start copying and pasting.... and commenting.

I Refuse
    1st verse
    Is the summer rain "Smashing" or "splashing"?
    Smashing
    What follows "staying in the here and now"
    It reminds me to be present tense
    In any given situation

3rd verse
    What line follows "I don't know what makes you so mad"?
    Or why you think you gotta play rough

The Island
    The verse that begins with "Umbrella drink"
    What comes between "Ocean and "Moonlight"?
    Sunset deluxe is what I live for

This Waltz
    During the first and last chorus,
    What line follows "Let's take to the floor and give it our all"?
    First chorus: Your patience is grand, my spirits are low
    Let's whirl all around the unknown

Second chorus: Your love is so strong, and I'm not alone
    Let's float straight on through the unknown

Third chorus: Same as first

I'm not saying the rest of the lyrics are 100% on the nail but they've passed my pedantry standards.

RSVP ASAP
    Many thanks everyone.
    You're certainly welcome. Thanks for your efforts in typing out the lyrics. I hate to type.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

If our moderators approve, I would enjoy having separate topics for each song. I love reading what everyone thinks and learn a lot from our musically inclined members.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I'm not a mod and am not speaking on their behalfs, but detail like dedicating a thread to each song, if that's what the fans want, is exactly what this board is for. The details. Nitty gritty details! About our guys. I approve.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As a moderator, I personally don't have any strong feelings one way or another. However, I do wonder if there would be enough activity for each song to have its own thread. We have separate threads for some individual Eagles songs, but, traditionally, whenever a band member has released a solo album, we kept most of the discussion in one thread.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I have my doubts about this personally, as I dislike the idea of giving each individual song a thread 'automatically'. I agree with Dreamer in thinking that there may not be sufficient interest to justify having a thread for every song. I don't like the direction this would head in - there was more discussion about Cass County than there has been about Leap Of Faith, so you could then argue that every song on Cass County has to have its own thread too - it sets a precedent.

Regarding a possible lyric thread, I think there is a danger this could be seen as undermining EaglesOnlineCentral. In any case, rather than posting the full lyrics on the board, I think a better idea would be to offer them to EOC, which is far better suited as a lyrics resource than a message board where the thread will fall down the order over time. I think it would be a good idea to have a thread for discussion and analysis, but I think a single topic would be enough in this case, and I would have said the same thing if it had been Cass County or any other solo album.