Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Reviews and Comments about Timothy's album "Leap of Faith"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Reviews and Comments about Timothy's album "Leap of Faith"

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you, Funk! [and to Luvy for the assist]

Muses aloud: I wonder if "I Refuse" and "You're So Wild" were written about the same person.
    It doesn't seem that way to me. What they have in common is they are about personal boundaries and Tim's attitude of "live and let live" despite disapproving of the way the other person is handling it. In "I Refuse" the other person is trying to involve him and he's saying "no", whereas in "You're So Wild", he'd like to help but knows his intereference would be unwelcome. He has a closer relationship with the "wild" person.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 10-28-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

My Hat

When you stood up and told me that I had to get my hat
    it was time for me to reach out for the door
    I didn't know then what I know now and it is just a fact
    my behaviour was just this side of poor
    I hear this as "boor" rather than "poor". Both would work in the context.

Thanks for your review. Nice to see someone take the plunge. I need to live with it longer as I still have trouble matching the song to its title. On a superficial level, I like it and prefer it to Expando.

Border Desperado

When I heard "I Refuse" it made me wonder if it might have been about the discord after the Eagles resumed in 1994. Seems like at times there were 2 distinct "sides" and perhaps there were attempts by one side or the other to gain allies or support from the less involved band members.......maybe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I hear this as "boor" rather than "poor". Both would work in the context.

Thanks for your review. Nice to see someone take the plunge. I need to live with it longer as I still have trouble matching the song to its title. On a superficial level, I like it and prefer it to Expando.
    Thanks UndertheWire, I'm pleased that somebody is checking the lyrics. I'd discount "boor", even allowing for poetic licence, as it's a noun.
    I visited another, all too rare, CD shop to find Tim's CD but unsurprisingly, they didn't have any TBS CDs. I feel very privileged to have grown up in the age of the music mega-store although the current environment is better for loyal pop music fans.

I'm so glad to see that Tim is intending to tour again. The Explando tour was a delight but Tim's live set list would be enhanced by a generous addition of Leap Of Faith tracks, especially Slow Down, All Those Faces, I Refuse, What I Should Do, You're So Wild and It's Alright. The Island and This Waltz have potential too, if the band can pull them off.

I know Tim's already performed My Hat and Red Dirt Road live but they're too wordy and country for my taste.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I finally got the new album downloaded and have been listening to it and I love it! I love Tim's sweet voice, but this album (and Expando) shows he can rock too! Overall a big

Songs standing out to me so far are:

My Hat
    All Those Faces
    I Refuse
    Red Dirt Road
    Pearl on a String

Have to say I'm not overly fond of The Island. It's pretty, but it's just too 60's (and Beach Boys as Funk mentioned) for me and I don't really care for xylophones in my music. (if that's what it is!)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

All Those Faces popped up on my Spotify discovery feed, and so I searched for the lyrics and found this board. I love the Eagles so I've joined. Thanks for posting the lyrics, I've already worked out the chords and started learning the song, and will probably try a few more off that album - it's really growing on me. Thanks again!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome, Robin! I admire your diligence in figuring out the chords on your own. I'm so lazy, I just go over to Ultimate Guitar and print out the tabs. The shame!

Since you have Spotify, may I recommend something? "Something Sad" from Timothy's Tell Me the Truth album. It's devastating!
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 12-07-2016 at 03:37 PM.

[\QUOTE]Since you have Spotify, may I recommend something? "Something Sad" from Timothy's Tell Me the Truth album. It's devastating![/QUOTE]

So true.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border

Yeah, I usually go there too, but the song wasn't listed, which is why I ended up here. I've posted the chords there now (currently pending). And thanks for referring me to "Something Sad" - I'm surprised I never followed Timothy as a solo artist before...

Welcome Robin!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten