Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

This one came to my attention as I was checking out listings for the "Eagles, Live on Air 1980" CD. Looks like it's some sort of an (assumedly unsanctioned)audio book of Mr. Frey talking about the important moments in his life.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagles-Withou...EZWML/ref=oosr

Anyone have insights into this release?
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

From the track titles, my guess is it was an interview to promote Soul Searchin'.

I have to admit that I'd like to hear what he has to say about training computer operators!
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 10-05-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Amazon has become another ebay. Anyone can burn a bootleg on their home computer, slap together a cover in photoshop, and list it as a "new release."

The person selling that probably found it online somewhere free. I suggest you look around for it before paying this guy for a bootleg.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes, there's tons of stuff around - I am also getting FB links all the time with bootlegged music and or memorabilia on offer. While I can totally understand someones desire to design or create a memento of Glenn for themselves (in the absence of anything official being sanctioned) for personal use or display I deplore the idea that some people will be out to make money from Glenn 's death. There are many people out there who are still extremely sad over his passing and who maybe did not get to see him or the Eagles play live. These bootleggers are playing on the emotions of genuine fans.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Some of the responses have helped me to understand, at long last, how all of these band CD's(whether they be Eagles, Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd live concerts) come about. I always thought it was some Independent record company who had come into the tapes and decided to release them separate from main channels and entities. You see this a lot with compilation CD's at lower end department store chains such as Fred's and Rose's.

While I can understand the concern about these 'bootleg recordings,' I personally have little to no compunction about buying them. Given the relative dearth of released live albums by the band, it is admittedly nice to hear 'new' material every few months, legally questionable as it probably is. I would hope the band takes control of these tapes and gives them a formal release with polished up audio.

Since this one is more of an audio book, I will probably not buy it when it is released on 12/9/16. That said, I hope anyone who does will tell us of the contents and their overall quality.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Banned

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

There's a new Glenn Frey CD listed with this week's new releases. It doesn't look good. I'd guess it's unofficial, I hope it is.
    I'm pretty sure, judging by the track titles, that it's mostly, interview segments.

Glenn Frey: With The Eagles And Without
    http://freemp3albums.net/genres/rock...enn-frey-2016/

I'd love a new Glenn Frey album... as long as it's music

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

I'm sure this has already been discussed. It appears to be a series of interview clips, possibly for MTV, that he did to promote the Soul Searchin' album.

I moved his post to the pertinent thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

If anyone wanted to listen to this in full, here's the YouTube link for the playlist under the Glenn Frey - Topic channel:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a19s8MkZv1tbkw

I thought it was kind of strange that this gets released now (within the last year). It's on Spotify too under Glenn Frey. Are any of these audio snippets part of Soda's collection on GlennFreyOnline.com ?

Stuck on the Border

I get "Blocked in country" for all of those. Is there anything noteworthy?