Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Michigan

Default Hello from Michigan

Hello fellow Eagles fans. I just joined today and can't wait to check out what everyone has to say about the best group in the world. Just a little bit about my fandom...I've been listening to the Eagles since the late 70's when I was in elementary school (man, I'm old!). One of my first albums that I bought on my own was Their Greatest Hits. I played the heck out of that. While I've been major fans of other groups (Duran Duran anyone?? ), the Eagles have always been the constant in my life. It seems like I'll go through spells where I don't listen to them for awhile and then I reacquaint myself with them all over again. This is one of those times. A few weeks ago, I got into this major Eagles/Don Henley phase where that's all I'm listening to. I've also watched their DVDs a few times in the last few weeks and am reading To the Limit: the untold story of the Eagles by Marc Eliot. I saw The Eagles twice during the Hell Freezes Over tour and I've seen Don Henley three times. Well, enough about me...I'm looking forwarded to getting acquainted with everyone. It's great that I've found this forum. Looking forward to some great discussions...

Stuck on the Border

Hi katherine, and welcome!

Hi, Katherine! Great to have you! Thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself. Welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome katherine! Glad you found us!

I love your av, too! I had a similar one for quite some time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hi Katherine! I already welcomed you on another thread, but let me so it again. It is always great to have another Eagles fan here.

I have always been an Eagles fan too, since my high school days of listening to Hotel California (yep, I'm that old too ) but I got into a major Eagles/Henley phase in 2004 after seeing Don live in concert in Atlanta, and it is still going strong. I have seen the Eagles in concert twice and Don in concert four times. I also met Don in person at the Univ of North Texas after he gave a lecture on conservation. He was very interesting and completely charming, visiting with every one of us as he graciously signed everything from books to record albums to t-shirts. I can't wait until he tours solo again and hopefully he will do meet & greets with his fans again, so I can get a chance to talk with him one more time.

Isn't this a great time to be an Eagles fan, with their fabulous new double CD? Well, excuse me while I go listen to "Please Come Home for Christmas," for the umpteenth time!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hello from me too, Katherine. We are very glad that you found us and look forward to chatting with you about our favorite band here on The Border. Your post and some of the others that followed reminded me of one of the threads that was started on the board a while back that I really enjoyed reading called "How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?". Maybe some of our newbies would like to check it out and contribute to it. I love reading these 'testamonials'. Here is the link:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=311

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes, everybody. I forgot to mention in my little introduction that I've seen my fellow Michigander, Glenn, in concert too! How could I forget that? Sorry for slighting you, Glenn! Anyway, thanks again everyone.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Hi, Katherine, welcome to the Border. I'm in awe that you have been to a Glenn Frey concert! I saw the Eagles three times last year after revisiting them from a long way back. All I can say is that they have lived up to my expexctations and then some!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Hi, Katherine, welcome to the Border. I'm in awe that you have been to a Glenn Frey concert! I saw the Eagles three times last year after revisiting them from a long way back. All I can say is that they have lived up to my expexctations and then some!
    His concert was very good. I wasn't expecting much mainly because I wasn't a huge solo-Glenn fan, but the price of the ticket was too good to pass up. It was one of the best concerts I had ever seen. It was probably back in the early 90's and one of the local radio stations was celebrating their anniversary. The tickets were $9.47 which was the frequency of the radio station. Like I said, I couldn't pass up that price and was very pleasantly surprised at the energy that Glenn brought to the stage. I don't keep up with his solo tours like I do with Don's, so I don't know if he tours much, but if you ever get the chance, definitely go! And, I agree, the Eagles concerts (and Don's) have definitely lived up to my expectations. I cannot wait for their 2008-2009 tour.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."