Thread: Creedence Clearwater Revival

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Creedence Clearwater Revival

Creedence Clearwater Revival, with the Eagles, are often regarded as America's answer to the Beatles. CCR and the Eagles are also, in some regards, rivals within the Country music community. As the "Big Lebowski" movie perfectly illustrated, both bands represent different schools of musical thought within the specter of Country music, determining whether one prefers raw, powerful, roots-based tones or just simple, feel good songs(this is the best way I know how to condense these thoughts). Personally, I think CCR ties more into Southern Rock than they do Country. The Eagles aren't so easily pinned down--They are truly in a place all to themselves, musically.

In 1969 alone, the band scored hits with "Born on the Bayou," "Proud Mary," "Bad Moon Rising," "Green River," "Lodi," "Down on the Corner," "Fortunate Son," and "The Midnight Special." While none of their songs ever scored higher than #2 on the charts, they have achieved far more airplay in the 44 years since their breakup than have most #1 selling bands.

These two are my particular favourites...

"Long as I Can See the Light": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1SC6dPEFAU
    "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqeuLe7hZ0

Fare thee well, and may God bless each one of you. Good day.
    Last edited by WS82Classics; 08-14-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney