Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Grace of Love: The Don Felder Positivity Thread

Default The Grace of Love: The Don Felder Positivity Thread

This is a unique type of thread on this board. We've never had one like it. It's a special thread dedicated to nothing but positive comments.

Typically, we just let the chips fall where they may in discussions as long as none of the Terms of Service are violated, but because of some fan concerns, we thought we would try having one thread that is just for positivity.

This thread has one rule: Every post must be positive; nothing negative can be said about anybody in it.

Note that I said "nothing negative can be said about anybody", not just Felder. This is a thread designed to praise Felder, not to bash anyone else. One can praise Felder's immense talent and talk about one's favorite aspects of his music. One cannot be snide, sarcastic, passive aggressive, insulting, etc; one cannot stir the pot, make subtle jabs, make comments designed to upset others ... again, one cannot be negative.

Some may object to this thread, saying that not allowing negative comments in the thread stifles discussion. I understand that viewpoint, but there are lots of other threads to post in if you don't like the rule for this one. For this one thread, if we can all play nice and refrain from being negative about anyone, be it band members or other posters, then the thread will serve its purpose.

It is my hope that this thread is a success and fans can enjoy themselves without anyone becoming negative about anybody. I consider this an experiment. As long as it stays positive, it stays open.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Default Re: The Grace of Love: The Don Felder Positivity Thread

Woo hoo!
    Thank you so much Soda for taking the trouble to do this, especially when you have been feeling so poorly. You rock!

I am really hoping you didn't have an anaphylactic reaction or another serious side effect from the antibiotic you were,on. I consider myself a connoisseur when it comes to antibiotics after working in health care for what seems like forever and then being on several antibiotic cocktails for a year for Lyme disease and another tick borne illness( and had some lovely reactions ), so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Anyway, I am really so happy about this thread. I thank you again.

Soda, this really is lovely. Thank you for trying. I hope it works out well for everyone.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Very cool, Soda.

Thanks for doing this.

I like Visions, and it's too bad that there's no live footage of this song, as far as I can tell w/ a Google Search. If there was a One of These Nights Survivor, I'd vote in a way to save this song, even though it would be difficult to vote off 8 out of the 9 songs in that album. I haven't taken the time to listen to his solo work only because I haven't gotten around to it. I probably will soon. Woo, Felder!

I hope this is a positive enough post. The only part that would be slightly negative would be the "it would be difficult to vote off 8 out of the 9 songs [from OOTN.]" I mean, that has an implication, but you know, I tried to be honest in a positive way.

Stuck on the Border

I like the thread title. I know it's a reference to one of Son's songs and it seems very apt.

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I like Visions, and it's too bad that there's no live footage of this song, as far as I can tell w/ a Google Search. If there was a One of These Nights Survivor, I'd vote in a way to save this song, even though it would be difficult to vote off 8 out of the 9 songs in that album. I haven't taken the time to listen to his solo work only because I haven't gotten around to it. I probably will soon. Woo, Felder!

I hope this is a positive enough post. The only part that would be slightly negative would be the "it would be difficult to vote off 8 out of the 9 songs [from OOTN.]" I mean, that has an implication, but you know, I tried to be honest in a positive way.
    I've been searching high and low for a live version of "visions" also with no luck i love that song--listen to it daily--but there has to be a video somewhere out there!! I've always thought it was unfair that EVERY other eagle, past and present, was given multiple chances to sing, but not Don F

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: The Grace of Love: The Don Felder Positivity Thread

Thank you for the thread where us Felder fans can post positive things about him without feeling (and sometimes being) attacked for our opinions!! I, for one, really appreciate it!!! Some Eagles fan pages make you feel almost ostracized for being a Felder fan, as if you cannot like him and the rest of the group. The two aren't mutually exclusive...he was a big part of the band. Again, thank you!!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Soda for the thread!!! It's a great idea and I'm looking forward to hearing more about his new music.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by ambulance girl View Post
    I've been searching high and low for a live version of "visions" also with no luck i love that song--listen to it daily--but there has to be a video somewhere out there!!
    Your best bet would be to write to Don Felder and beg him to play it live with his band. His performances often end up on youtube. As far as I can tell it's one of many songs that the Eagles never played live. It looks like "Too Many Hands", a Felder co-write from the same album got played on the "One of These Nights" tour.
    http://www.setlist.fm/stats/eagles-6...f+These+Nights