Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Grace of Love: The Don Felder Positivity Thread

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: The Grace of Love: The Don Felder Positivity Thread

Didn't Felder ask (on his Facebook page) his fans to pick one out of five or so songs for him to play live - and one of them was Visions? It seems he would be willing to play it if he felt enough people want to hear it. What happened with that? Which song was the most popular?
    Last edited by chaim; 10-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.

I would love it if he revived Visions!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thank you, Soda!

Interesting about Visions--has he never performed it at one of his live shows? I would think he would have performed Too Many Hands. Those guitar solos are too good to let wither on the vine.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

The Eagles definitely played Too Many Hands live on the One Of These Nights tour - I found this video (albeit audio only) from 1975 of the band performing TMH. Very good it is, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BxO9neWAAU

(In case anyone is wondering why the video is over 11 minutes long, it's simply that the recording of the song is played twice - the live performance is not double the length of the album version).

I think it's correct that the Eagles never played Visions live, I'm not aware of it ever being on any set list I've come across and although lesser known songs like this can occasionally slip through the net, I think anyone who was there to see it performed would probably have remembered that Don F had done a lead vocal. I agree it would be good if he started playing it in his shows.

Thanks, JCL, that live version of TMH is killer. I think he should add it to his own live show; may someone in his band can sing lead since he didn't sing it originally, like he does with TITTL.

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Your best bet would be to write to Don Felder and beg him to play it live with his band. His performances often end up on youtube. As far as I can tell it's one of many songs that the Eagles never played live. It looks like "Too Many Hands", a Felder co-write from the same album got played on the "One of These Nights" tour.
    http://www.setlist.fm/stats/eagles-6...f+These+Nights
    I wouldn't begin to know how to contact him...I couldn't help but notice that Felder (along with Schmit) don't mind people taking pics and shooting videos at their shows. The two Henley shows I saw this summer, ushers stopped every person they saw taking videos. And the few that snuck them, they were taken down from youtube almost immediately
    And "too many hands" is another song I'd love to see live!!

I'm not aware of a live performance of Visions either.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

I would love to see Don F play at a place like City Winery, a benefit, or a meet and greet. He seems very personable and I think it would be a blast.

My dream would be for Randy to feel better and join him on stage. I know it's unrealistic, but one can dream right?

I think tomorrow he is playing at a hospital benefit to raise money for construction and a rehabilitation center in CA. Out of all the hospitals I have worked at, even as a traveling nurse, they never did anything cool like this to raise funds.

Border Desperado

This is absolutely delightful, Soda. Thank you for seeing the need and the potential for this thread. My faith is restored and I appreciate it. I will plan to post some goodness soon!

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    I would love to see Don F play at a place like City Winery, a benefit, or a meet and greet. He seems very personable and I think it would be a blast.

My dream would be for Randy to feel better and join him on stage. I know it's unrealistic, but one can dream right?

I think tomorrow he is playing at a hospital benefit to raise money for construction and a rehabilitation center in CA. Out of all the hospitals I have worked at, even as a traveling nurse, they never did anything cool like this to raise funds.
    if I remember correctly, Felder played city winery in nashville back in may. I just saw Schmit there last month, but seeing Don F in such an intimate setting would be killer!!! And the meet and greet would be well worth the extra $$$ (I know the meet and greet for his shows in Vegas with Styx in january are $400)