Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Grandmother has died.

Default Re: My Grandmother has died.

My Grandparents were married for 60 years. My mother said her heart just gave out. She was in the hospital for a little bit this month. She was diabetic and needed to undergo surgery on her toe to reatoee bloodflow. She was also a smoker and drank alittle to. I am smiling right now knowing she always had a favoeite drink. Vodka Martini absolute, bone dry and with a lemon twist. That was her favorite

My mom was at the hospital last night with her and she was sitting on the bed and said that she was feeling pain in her back and her chest. The doctor performed a scan on her heart and saw blockage so the did local anesthesia disorenting her to try restore flow and put her on oxyegen then her heart just gave out. But she was very unhappy. She did not want to be in the hospital and was stubborn with the doctors. If I focus my mind on something else I feel better but then I start talking about and writing ablut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    So sorry for your bad news TM. How nice it was that you DID go to see her at the weekend. Its a decision you won't regret ad it will be a comfort to you. Last grandparent passing marks the end of an era for your family. Support each other as best you can.
    Both my grandfathers are still alive. Her husband is goong through Cancer treatment right now. But he is tolerating the chemo very very well.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I am very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, travlnman. I know how you feel because my maternal grandmother passed away a couple of months ago. She had been in a care home for several years, but as summer was drawing to a close it unfortunately became clear that it would be her last. She was my last surviving grandparent - I never knew my paternal grandparents, who died before I was born, and I was less than eighteen months old when my grandfather passed on.

It was great that you saw her while there was still time. It was a bit like that for me too, because I went in to see her two days before her passing. I knew there probably wouldn't be another chance and also from past experience that sometimes there just isn't a 'next time'. But I think she was at peace when she slipped away and we had a beautiful funeral service for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I am very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, travlnman. I know how you feel because my maternal grandmother passed away a couple of months ago. She had been in a care home for several years, but as summer was drawing to a close it unfortunately became clear that it would be her last. She was my last surviving grandparent - I never knew my paternal grandparents, who died before I was born, and I was less than eighteen months old when my grandfather passed on.

It was great that you saw her while there was still time. It was a bit like that for me too, because I went in to see her two days before her passing. I knew there probably wouldn't be another chance and also from past experience that sometimes there just isn't a 'next time'. But I think she was at peace when she slipped away and we had a beautiful funeral service for her.
    She is very happy now. She has all the Vodka Martinis she can drink. We are going to have a private service. No official viewing. We are going to have her cremated and buried in the same cemetery has my dad's mother.

My condolences to you, tm2. I will keep you in my prayers.

You and your family have my deepest sympathy, Travlman. How fortunate you got to see her when you did.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing. My best wishes to you and your family.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. May I extend my sympathies to you and your family.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother, TM. My thoughts go out to you and your family.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

My sympathies to your and your family. Blessings.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............