This isn't a positive or negative post, it's more curiosity than anything.

I've noticed watching videos of 70s Don, 90s Don, and today's Don that he made a huge change in his personal style, appearance, and mannerisms after he left the band in 2000. Again, not a bad change but a curious (to me) one.

In the 70s and 90s he was not a leather jacket and fancy shirt and sunglasses guy. He was a shirt and pants guy. And pretty informal...not your typical rockstar look. None of the guys were IMO, and I mean that in a neutral light. They seemed a bit more informal and "country" (not in music but in appearance). A bit more like country folk or laid back average people.

Then when Don went solo he majorly changed his hair, his teeth, and is more what I call your "rockstar" look. I feel that Joe had made a similar change as well so we could discuss that in the Walsh section. Although I feel his look now seems healthier than back then, of course. Where as I felt Henley and Glenn were more tshirt or button down shirt and jeans or pants people other than the "funeral suit" era of the LROOE tour which I hated. I felt it was too corporate.

It's not a preference, just more curiosity. He want from looking like someone who wasn't a rockstar and your "ordinary average guy" to looking very Hollywood in recent years and fashion-conscious. I just wonder what the impetus was as that wasn't "him" in the 70s and 90s. Pretty far removed from it actually. I felt that he and the rest of the guys back then were pretty laid back in appearance, and while Don and Glenn chose to go with business suits, Felder decided to go very fashion and outfit and jacket focused. Very "LA".

Any ideas or just discussion about it is great. I don't mean it in any way other than curiosity as I really don't care what the man dresses in, but I'm always curious when people make drastic changes in their personality or look and there is seemingly no outward reason. Some have speculated plastic surgery. I'm not sure about that either way but I definitely think he underwent major dentistry. Nothing wrong with changing things up, just makes me curious. That's all.