Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Selected Works: 1972-1999.

Default Re: Celebration of Selected Works: 1972-1999.

Ebay you might can purchase it by itself. When I first bought the whole thing 4 years ago, they were selling only that CD too. Its probably different now.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-15-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I bought the 2013 re-release of the box set. It was in the supermarket and priced at just £7, so worth it just for the concert. You may be able to find a cheap set, still, particularly in the UK.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I love the Millennium concert too. I have the Millennium concert bootleg from Mandalay Bay show that was a day or two before this concert.
    You lucky dog. That would be a great one to have. Is it soundboard or audience?

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    You lucky dog. That would be a great one to have. Is it soundboard or audience?
    I think it was soundboard. The quality was great. I listen to it sometimes. I have it in my CD player in my car. I think that's one of my favorite concerts.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

So for some reason I guess I had never listened to all of the Millenium concert CD. I was listening to this entire set in my car while on a road trip yesterday and heard the jazzy version of BOML for the first time. What were they thinking?!! I love BOML and this upbeat version with sax totally ruined it for me. Why would they ruin such a beautiful song? (No offense meant to anyone who liked it!)

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    So for some reason I guess I had never listened to all of the Millenium concert CD. I was listening to this entire set in my car while on a road trip yesterday and heard the jazzy version of BOML for the first time. What were they thinking?!! I love BOML and this upbeat version with sax totally ruined it for me. Why would they ruin such a beautiful song? (No offense meant to anyone who liked it!)
    I don’t care it for either but Felder thought that was their performance of the night! I don’t get how he thinks that lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I haven't listened to the Millennium Concert for quite a while, but I'm not fond of that rendition of BOML either.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post

Groupie - I agree. I do not like that version either. I love the song, especially the 1977 CC Concert. That's the best version I have ever seen or heard.

Shun - You lucky duck ! I would love to have a boot leg of that Mandalay Bay show.

Jeez you guys! You guys seem pretty noobish when it comes to live stuff, no offence. If my friends saw these posts they'd probably have a good chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think it was soundboard. The quality was great. I listen to it sometimes. I have it in my CD player in my car. I think that's one of my favorite concerts.
    It is just a good audience recording. It is not a soundboard.

And you guys appreciating the release! It is most probably overdubbed. Though either way, a good listen.

I noticed a shady thing. I listened to 1999 LV Hotel California version. The solo is almost, if not note for note to the 1999 release, particularly the scraping. Very shady indeed.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Jeez you guys! You guys seem pretty noobish when it comes to live stuff, no offence. If my friends saw these posts they'd probably have a good chuckle!

It is just a good audience recording. It is not a soundboard.

And you guys appreciating the release! It is most probably overdubbed. Though either way, a good listen.

I noticed a shady thing. I listened to 1999 LV Hotel California version. The solo is almost, if not note for note to the 1999 release, particularly the scraping. Very shady indeed.
    So, you're saying this may be a mishmash of stuff from The Staples Center and Mandalay Bay concerts, and not just the LA concert as listed?