Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Randy Could Have Joined the HOTE tour...

Default If Randy Could Have Joined the HOTE tour...

I wonder what songs would have been added to the set list.

Tryin' --surely, given that it was a staple performance during the early years and was used to show their rock cred. But I don't know how realistic this is; they may have had to tone it down, unless the backup musicians were used.

Certain Kind of Fool - maybe, I think Glenn would have enjoyed playing his guitar solo for old times' sake and it's part of the Desperado storyline.

Midnight Flyer - Joe would probably have come out for the slide guitar part

Too Many Hands - ???

Any other ideas, thoughts?

Default Re: If Randy Could Have Joined the HOTE tour...

I think If Randy did Accept to be on the HOTE tour and was healthy it would cause a great conteoversy because there would have been 6 Eagles and I dont think that would have been very pretty to see.

On Topic

Try and Love Again.

I guess I was thinking about the beginning of the concert when the original 3 performed TLHTM. Randy could have been on stage then and they could have played more of their old stuff.

And Randy being there could have happened, had he not had the unfortunate choking incident. Bernie's presence didn't cause controversy so why would Randy's?

TALA would have been a nice, surprising addition.

Border Troubadour

I'd have settled for Take the Devil and Midnight Flyer. The latter is I believe Randy's best lead vocal and it would have been fairly easy to do with the basic set-up; the latter would have bulked out the neglected OTB section and given Bernie a proper run on the banjo.

That's a good point, lastresort. I checked the set list and only 2 songs from OTB were played vs. 4 from Desperado.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That's a good point, lastresort. I checked the set list and only 2 songs from OTB were played vs. 4 from Desperado.
    5 I'm more than happy with the over contribution from Desperado mind!

I guess I was thinking about the beginning of the concert when the original 3 performed TLHTM. Randy could have been on stage then and they could have played more of their old stuff.

And Randy being there could have happened, had he not had the unfortunate choking incident. Bernie's presence didn't cause controversy so why would Randy's?

TALA would have been a nice, surprising addition.
    I am talking about the Controversy

I would love to have seen Randy play some bass with the Eagles again

Stuck on the Border

I think he would have been greated with delight and no controversy. It would have been a reuniting of the original band.

As for what he would have sung, I think that would have depended on how his voice was holding up. I suspect it would have been Take it to the Kimit in a lower key.

Border Troubadour

Indeed utw, I think both Bernie and Randy would have been fairly easy and amicable reunions for Glenn and Don H. (I'm presuming TBS and Joe would never have had any problems with them to reconcile!), the way Bernie especially left the band is quite tame compared to how Don F. left...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

And Randy being there could have happened, had he not had the unfortunate choking incident.
    I'm not sure of that. He's had a number of health issues over the years, which led to his retirement from performing in 2008. I wish he could have been on HOTE, that would have been great.

But I also think having to speak to the audience would have been nerve-wracking for him.